Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do people like Toon Link?

139 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

^Now why couldn't WW look like that? That game looked more epic and looked like it had no sailing... Well if it is WW then sailing is about the 7/10 of the whole game, but still that looked more epicer than WW originally was.

Looks like someone's biased.

Don't mind YLA.

He doesn't see the brilliance of WW because he doesn't like the cel shading.

He even goes as far as to ignore plot elements because of it, denying WW Link is a spiritual descendant of OoT Link.

Also, the SpaceWorld demo was never a game.

And I think Link looks pretty bad in it.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

GASP! :0

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO!!!

Lawlz Vio. True, very true. Kind of hard to determine anything from a 24 second video.

Yes. Because it's fun.

Looks like someone's biased.

Don't mind YLA.

He doesn't see the brilliance of WW because he doesn't like the cel shading.

He even goes as far as to ignore plot elements because of it, denying WW Link is a spiritual descendant of OoT Link.

I am not. It looked cooler... Execpt for Link. He looked like that one girl from TP who's name I forgot.

Also it's not billiant.

That's because he is not.

Posted

But he is, and you'd be ignorant to state otherwise.

See, it's just part of his bias.

Sahaqiel

Posted

^No he's not. They even said in the game he was not. KoRL said he maybe the Hero of Time reborn, but it was never proven.

Posted

I see nothing wrong with cel shade. I think Nintendo did a wonderful job on all their Zelda games.

^No he's not. They even said in the game he was not. KoRL said he maybe the Hero of Time reborn, but it was never proven.

That's true. Ganondorf laughs and says something like "You are surely the Hero of Time.... reborn."

Posted

^I would say why, but Saha's gonna come in and "your lying it does not your just an arrogant liar, and blah, blah, blah." It's the same thing that always happens when I state an opinion.

Saha is trying change me from hating it to liking it. I respect his opinion, but when he says stuff like that when it wasn't confirmed then it pisses me off.

Posted

It's one thing to have an opinion, but it's another thing to have good reasoning behind it.

I would respect your opinion if you had good reason to hold it, but you don't have.

Therefore your opinion has no respect.

Posted

I hate the game because it has terrible graphics and a terrible plot. What more is there in a game?

Video games have 2 things. Graphics and plot. One can live without the other, but in WW both were terrible.

Posted (edited)

Link consistency has never been proven. :| It's assumed all Links are reincarnated from other Links, because they look and act and seem exactly like other Links.

Ganondorf's seen and fought the Hero of Time. KoRL has not. Ganondorf's word goes. WW Link = OoT Link reborn.

Stop whining. It doesn't matter if you don't like WW Link, and that you like MM Link, they're the same Link in spirit.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Video games have 2 things. Graphics and plot. One can live without the other, but in WW both were terrible.

Games also have Gameplay.

That's pretty much the point of it.

Posted

You haven't proven WW's graphics or plot are terrible.

Because you can't.

Because they're not.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Link consistency has never been proven. :| It's assumed all Links are reincarnated from other Links, because they look and act and seem exactly like other Links.

Ganondorf's seen and fought the Hero of Time. KoRL has not. Ganondorf's word goes. WW Link = OoT Link reborn.

Stop whining. It doesn't matter if you don't like WW Link, and that you like MM Link, they're the same Link in spirit.

Sahaqiel

F*** it I'm done with conversation. They are not in anyway related and that is that. Story over. Done, fin, anything thing else that means done.

Games also have Gameplay.

That's pretty much the point of it.

Also I can't see how to describe gameplay. >_<

Posted (edited)

"They are not in anyway related and that is that."

Because you don't have any way to back it up.

You can't opinionize fact then factualize opinions.

Sahaqiel

Posted

^Of course I don't. There are really no facts about it so it's an invalid discussion.

Moving on.

Posted

Of course I think Toon Link's aweosme! Unlike some people I know (I'm actually NOT hacking at YLA with this xD because I don't know him) I don't let a simple questions of graphics get in my way. I liked them (which probably hleped) but there is one element of games that EVERYBODY has left out, and it shares it with all stories - Character depth. They really went in depth with Link in WW, and I liked that they made Link more of a kid who ended up saving the world just to save his sister than a "Oh hey, there's a princess! Let's save the world and get it on afterwards!" that the Link in OoT seems like (to me). Plus, Link showed much more emotion in WW than he does in any other game. No questions.

@Sahaqiel: NOBODY can prove graphics or plot and terrible - because it's a pure opinion. Even if EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD hated the plot in a game, that doesn't mean it's a sucky plot. that means that nobody in the world LIKED the plot.