Scariest Video Game You've Ever Played

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I was watching Angry Video Game Nerd because I got bored and he was ranting about bad games. One of the games made me remember how scary it was when I was kid.

The scariest video game I've played was Friday the 13th. I mean it's nothing to me now, but when I was kid playing my NES all by myself in my room chasing Jason and everyone dying, it scared the living crap out of me. Not to mention the game over screen that says,

"You and your friends are dead

Game Over."

Yeah that's not scary at when 3 years old knowing that you're dead.

So what was the scariest game you've ever played. Regarding of age.

Posted

Dementium: the ward. It's horror trumps anything Friday the 13 can throw at it. Having mutated monsters come flying out at you, winged heads screech at you , and it being on the DS are all reasons it trumps horror movies.

Posted

the Half-Life 1 mod "Afraid of Monsters: Director's Cut". Dementium only beats it in difficulty because of the fact AoM can have you quicksave and such. Always pitch black, freaky twitching zombies running after you... It definitely takes the cake for being scary. It's the one game that even when the map pack is played on Sven Co-op is scary, and you can have up to 14 other people with you on there. But when David Leatherhoff is around in the server... oh, you best be scared.

Posted

I'd have to say Doom 3 is the scariest game I've ever played, mainly cuz of it's "jump out of your chair" aspect. One second you're having a firefight with zombie soldiers, then you're creeping through the dark with nothing but a flashlight when suddenly a red imp jumps at you from under a staircase. Moments like that made me jump in my chair; I actually had one time I accidentally knocked my mouse off it's pad and by the time I got it back where it was I was dead :(

Posted

Doom 3 didn't scare me as much. The original Doom games gave me nightmares.

Plus I had a duct-tape mod. >>

Posted

Back in 1998, the shadow temple in Ocarina of Time really got to me. I still beat it, but I specifically remember being terrified by it. Now, as an 18 year old, it just isn't scary anymore. But back then...phew...

Posted

I first played OoT when I was 10 and it scared me. I mean it didn't help to have arachnidphobia with skultulas coming down out of nowhere. It's number 5.

Posted

When I first got Oot it was a used cartridge (strangely, file one had my name on it) and the redead in the market scared the crap outta me. But then I realized that the redead in the market weren't nearly as bad as other redead. :P

Posted

Yeah. TP Redeads were scarier. I don't remember seeing any WW Redeads.

Posted

I'd Have to say Silent Hill. That was creepy as all can be. Well, I was somewhere between 4-7 years old. :fear:

Posted

There was one game I remember playing as a kid, where you're in hell and there are simply corridors of blood everywhere and bodies reaching out from the walls trying to grab your character.. and you could hear people screaming / moaning.

I dont remember what it was called, and if I played it today it probably wouldn't be scary, but at the time it was. Since then havnt really been scared by a game, though I would love to be =).

Posted

Hm... Sounds like either Doom or Silent Hill... I know Illbleed was a creepy one, even though I never got to play it myself. Watched bits and pieces online, but there's no full walkthrough of it yet.

There are WW ReDeads. And they bite your head.

Posted

Elmo's ABCs is the scariest game I've ever played. I was 5 :(

Posted

I don't remember seeing any WW Redeads.

:sadness:

I've decided, YLA, that you've never played Wind Waker. There are just too many instances where you have no clue what people are talking about...Sigh. There are redeads in Wind Waker, YLA.

Posted

^I have played and beat WW. I didn't know what the redeads looked like. After playing OoT I expected a brown human type thing, but I never saw one. The closest thing I saw was Gibido looking mummy with red eyes, but those weren't scary at all.