Scariest Video Game You've Ever Played

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Yume Nikki

Download it. Play it. Be afraid.

Posted

That ocean explorer game for Wii. An eel popped out just as the music picked up. This was in the blackest black.

Funny, I was about to mention another underwater-type game that scared me. There's a part in Aquaria where you're in the Abyss with only your Light Form to help you see (you change into different forms in the game with special abilities). So I'm fighting this giant toothy fish thing, barely able to see, cycling between forms, and this voice just comes out of nowhere and says, "I will find you, and you will love me forever." Freaked me out playing late at night.

Some parts of Eternal Darkness were scary enough, like the woman in the bathtub. I really want to get a copy of Phantasmagoria, though. Heard that one's scary as shit, and one of Roberta Williams' best games.

Posted

This thread!

It was made for me!!

Any silent hill game.

Alone.

In the dark.

With a huge TV.

((Speaking of SH, I got Homecoming for Christmas, and Shattered Memories a little bit before that.))

Also, don't forget Penumbra or Amnesia!!

Posted

DOOM. All the puppyin way.

Posted

friday13cover.jpg

i'm sorry but i always get startled when i see jason out of nowhere

Posted

i don't think i've ever played a scary game, which is understandable seeing as i'm still a kid.

Posted

pokemon red

have you seen the sprites in that game

Spr_1b_042.png

Posted

I don't really play generally scary games, but I remember being rigid when I went on the Haunted Sunken Ship level in Okami. Those things would just... jump out from everywhere at any time. And then there were sharks... and the giant severed hands that were perfectly still unless you went near them and they crushed you... ;_;

I was also pretty freaked out by Queen Gohma in OoT, along with the Skulltulas (this was when I was maybe 6, I think).

Posted

Some friends of mine forced me to play Fatal Frame 4.

I was not very happy.