Scariest Video Game You've Ever Played

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Definitely Eternal Darkness. Damn... Resident Evil too, bought it for GC couple of years ago

Also OOT when I was younger ^^

Posted

Goodness me, Ravenholm scared me so bad the first time I played through. I didn't want to move forward into the town at first because the game was a constant adrenaline rush, and I knew the stillness wouldn't last long.

That's part of what made Half-Life 2 so wonderful, though.

Posted

Pokemon.

When that Pikachu came jumping at me, I threw the flipping GameBoy at the wall.

Seriously, though, I'd have to say F.E.A.R. That was kinda creepy when that zombie guy comes out and hits you with a frying pan.

Or whatever.

Posted

Dead Space.

Absolutely terrifying.

I WANT IIIIIIT as soon as it comes out Im buying it.

Posted

The shadow temple, when i was 7.

I swear, the noises, the music, the redeads. the DEAD HAND! Especially when i got to the room with that torure thing, and the blood all over the floor...

Now, what scares me these days:

Fear: Sometimes

Silent hill: The one on Ps2, you got to the hospital after saving the girl from the fire. your a trucker. (I forgot what it was called, but i only got to the first chest acid spitter thing, then i stopped.)

Resident Evil series. Besides number 4, that was lame when it came to being scary. Of course, not much scares me, unless it pops up.

Oh, and for anyone who has played "Zombies ate my Neighbors" I was scared of the hatchet dolls in the grocery store, AND the chainsaw guys. Never got past the chainsaw, that was a hard level.

Posted

Ravenholm was only a little freaky since ammo was mostly scarce throughout the level.

Scariest games I've played are Dead Space and F.E.A.R.

Posted

^ You don't need ammo in Ravenholm anyways.

Umm.... I really can't think of the scariest game I've played...

Posted

I've just started playing Link's Awakening. Marin scares me. :fear:

Posted

Wait till you have to "date" her.

Posted (edited)

Wait, is the "dating" the part where you "get" her and take her to the animal village or is it later? I've already taken her to the village--if there's more, I might be too afraid to continue. SHE'S CRAZY!

Edited by Aethix (see edit history)

Posted

^ Made my day. :D

Posted

The one I can thinlk of would be Halflife tow, that I've actually played.

Posted

superman 64 wasn't scary per se, it just scared me that they didn't test anything at all and made you superman the hedgehog.

Posted

The Scary Maze Game.

Now that's scary.

Well I found Whiteday's psychological horror scarier than the bloody games like Resident Evil.

Posted

Resident Evil 3: Nemisis

First off I watched my dad play this when I was like 3 or 4 and it gave me an everlasting case of Nyctophobia that relapses everytime I watch someone play a resident evil game (but so fun to watch T_T)

Secound off it steampowered my imagination against me at night which led to bladder problems (when I was younge and tried to go potty at night, as soon as I looked at the toilet I would get this gruesome image of a hand coming out of it while I was on the toilet, and go up my intestines, and pull all of my organ out. Trust me it is not a pretty image for a 3-4 year old.)

And lastly, when I actually played the game for myself at around age 7 to overcome my fear, for some odd reason whenever a zombie would come I would go on a blind shooting frenzy of fear. Unable to diferantiate dead from alive; friend from foe; I would shoot at all making my ammo always scorce which added to my fear. (which happen whenever I play a shooter, which is also why I do not play shooters but make my dad play them for me to watch). To this day I still have that save file from where I got stuck and fear overtook me: the area in the mansion where Nemisis attacks you with a boozuka.(Which also is the reason I, as a very younge girl who couldn't read his actual name at the time, gave hime the nickname Boozuka-Arm).