Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo Lays To Rest Zelda Timeline Mystery

53 posts in this topic

Posted

"For years Zelda fans have tried to formulate a possible timeline for games in the series, and now, finally, Nintendo has laid all the wild speculation to rest with a conclusive statement." You will definitely want to read this and find out what Nintendo has to say about our timeline theories!

[url="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93128-Nintendo-Lays-To-Rest-Zelda-Timeline-Mystery"]Nintendo Lays To Rest Zelda Timeline Mystery[/url]

Follow the jump to watch the timeline theory video submitted to Nintendo and Nintendo's response. Submitted by SirJoshizzle.

------

Nintendo has confirmed that there is no zelda timeline.

Posted

Haha.

Posted

ah yes, i seen these vids about a few weeks or more ago.

Posted

Reminds me of the bible actually.

These are legends; they didn't necessarily happen.

Also, this guy is well butt-hurt. You can tell by the metal music replacing happy music in the opening and closings of his videos. He has aaaangst and his life has gone to waaaaste.

Edit: Wait wait wait. Who even sent the e-mail? Somebody who would know about the timeline?

Posted

Now there will be heaps of hardcores raging about it. "This isn't as good as my theory"

Funny

Posted

It says - unless otherwise Specified- there is no time line. this means that there still can be one.

Posted

This is kinda a bit of a kick in the nuts to people that've had fun trying to piece the games together in either split or non-split timelines... I'm a little miffed at it, but then again I'm also relieved, because instead of "guessing" where the games fit chronologically and hoping that in some way I'd be right, I can scrap trying to make sense of it all and wait until a definitive timeline is established.

Just like Rain said: (quoting this from dictonary.com, heh :P)
Legend: a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.

So basically this could mean that out of every Zelda game we've played, there may be some of them that could have happened, or were just stories that people believed happened in the ancient times of Hyrule and believed in the story so much and what they represented to be a reminder that there will always be hope, or a "hero" to rise up and defend Hyrule in times of danger.

I think I like how they're doing this. Disheartened at first by the whole split timeline theory debunked, but now that the possibilities are widened out again for the chronology of the theories, I think we're gonna start seeing a lot more single timeline theories, and a lot less of splits. If I start seeing triple timeline splits somehow, I think that's gonna be a bit too much for me :huh:

Posted

I always thought so. I mean, I've always thought that the creators always sat there and laughed at all the fans bickering about everything from timelines, to pairings, to Link's hair color. Seriously. I lol'd.

Posted

Hmm, that really appears to be a pre-written letter. While I have always sorta believed that there isn't a timeline, I will not count it as proof until Miyamoto himself announces it. This just seems too typical a response. His theory was well thought out.

Posted

there is still a freaking timeline!!!! The timeline people have been putting together are just trying to put the games in order according to the time periods in which they happened, just becuase Nintendo don't have their own offical timeline doesn't mean that there isn't one sitting there waiting to be discovered.

There is still a timeline no matter what they say

Posted

Dude, guys, calm down, there isn't a timeline.

Posted

heh, i see this.. as my chance to create my own zelda-timeline.

Posted

THERE IS A TIMELINE!!!!

Nintendo did not make a timeline, so they jsut put it off as saying there just plain isn't one, there is still a timeline!!!

the games may not be linked as we always thought they were before, but there is still an order to which they can be placed, and that is what is left for us to figure out and solve, but Nintendo could just be messing with our heads, and it's working on me!!!!!!?!?!?!>!>!>!<!<!<!<L!L!L!:!:!P!OOK!!KK!K!!L!:!:

Posted

[quote name='ℓϋή啃ℓ

Posted

Well that does make sense as anything else.