Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo Lays To Rest Zelda Timeline Mystery

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Well there has to be a time line. If there isn't one then that means all the Links are saving Hyrule at the same time.

One Link has to before another and one after.

So if they like it or not there is a timeline.

Also this story is quite fishy I wouldn't believe it unless it was in a video conference.

Posted

[font="Tahoma"][size=1]Oh, god. That was funny.
I think that attempt to piece each game together is WAY too complex (the obvious exceptions being the sequels, of course) and so all the Zelda fans that were convinced that there was a timeline were trying to make something out of a whole lot of nothing.

Just play the games, kids, and enjoy. Don't get worked up about something that doesn't really matter. xDD[/size][/font]

Posted

That timeline theory is pretty accurate, better than the old Split Timeline. Lol @ Nintendo's response ^^ (I love the music, I wonder where I can get it..)

Posted

Ha ha. Jees. I hate that guy. XD

Y'know. I actually feel better. Now I can enjoy each adventure as something completely fresh and new, just with the same main ideas without trying to relate it to all the other games and make it fit.

It's just a videogame. An incredible series, but I guess it really doesn't need to be so logical afterall.

Posted

Well if there isnt a time line what about windwaker
Wind waker says the hero left at the start of the game,Majoras mask anyone?
or even Phantom hourglass

Posted

Maybe I'll make my own timeline. It's my damn game, I'll play it how I want to. I don't need an "official" timeline to make me happy.

Posted

:o !!!

D:

But... than WHY they do call it the LEGEND of Zelda? =\

They better go call it The adventures of Link again =/

:(

Oh well..

I can life with it :P haha

Posted

Hrrm.
I never really cared about timeline theories anyways, a bunch of confusing crap that made no sense was all it was to me.

Posted

I GET IT! I GET IT! thats why the sword is in the shape of that little girl, it's the spirit of it when it was desroyed!

Posted

ah i like ^'s comment

and..

i am so totally with the shade being links generation!!!

i mean, links alter-ego is a wolf in the twilight realm hm? and shade comes to link in wolf form.... they both share the same blood? why not!!

sorry.. it was just that whole shade speculation that kinda interested me..

with malon and stuff being his great grandmother or something..

LOVE THE IDEA!!

Posted

That guy was such an ass. "This is [i]the correct[/i] theory."

He made so many assumptions and touted them as absolute fact. And then he had his little hissy fit over the letter. Of course they didn't watch the video. They don't read any of those. They probably get hundreds of letters from crazy fans every day. They even have a notice on their website dissuading people from sending things like that. That guy isn't special. His timeline theory isn't better than the next one. Why should Nintendo pay special attention to him?

Also, I don't think the letter from Nintendo was dismissing the idea that some games take place relative to each other. There are still "clumps", such as the split timeline stemming from Ocarina of Time, MM and TP being in the child timeline and WW and PH being in the adult timeline. Some games can be grouped together, but there is no way to establish an overall timeline theory for the entire series.

Posted

Didn't Nintendo confirm the Split Timeline theory? I heard this somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Posted

[quote name='Crowned Twili Princess' post='236558' date='Jul 15 2009, 10:01 AM']Didn't Nintendo confirm the Split Timeline theory? I heard this somewhere, but I could be wrong.[/quote]

AFAIK, its been suggested or hinted at, but not concreted.

Posted

[quote name='Crowned Twili Princess' post='236558' date='Jul 14 2009, 07:01 PM']Didn't Nintendo confirm the Split Timeline theory? I heard this somewhere, but I could be wrong.[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='Eiji Aonuma']The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link

Posted

It's disappointing, because they said there was a document with the timeline on it.
BUT APPARENTLY, this is a lie.

This is kind of a relief, though. Even though so much valuable time was wasted, at least there doesn't have to be debate anymore. At least, I don't feel the need to debate anymore.
Still, Nintendo. Eiji confirmed a split, Shigeru said there was a timeline.
Mang.
This just seems underhanded somehow.
Sahaqiel