Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo Lays To Rest Zelda Timeline Mystery

53 posts in this topic

Posted

The letter was basically just a "We don't comment on rumors and speculation" type of thing. I doubt that either Miyamoto or Aonuma even know about the video.

Posted

Wow. All that speculation, just to be handed the fact that there isn't a timeline?!
Well, to be honest... I think Nintendo never INTENDED there to be a timeline: they just made the games as they went along. But they CREATED a timeline, and I think they should accept this guy's hard work and try to tie in this timeline for the next game.

Posted

Heh, Nintendo now sees the monstrosities they've created! :D

Well honestly, I don't care what Nintendo says. While they may have created the framework of Zelda, the game itself is the player's take on the game. The wonder of fiction is that its not real, and therefore the viewer of the fiction can read into it as much or as little as they want; they can find symbolism or possiblities for the future of the character that don't exist because, hey, none of it exists. Who cares what the creators say? The game is unique to each and every one of us; nobody can tell us how to view it.

Posted

You're assuming that the guy who wrote the letter was the one who created the series. Miyamoto and Aonuma may very well have a timeline mapped out, and most of the employees at Nintendo don't know about it.

Posted

So there is a time line that only Miyamoto knows and doesn't tell anyone else?

Posted

[quote]It's just a videogame. An incredible series, but I guess it really doesn't need to be so logical afterall.[/quote]

yes but that is the fun of it! The games are great and are so much fun, but we have actually more to think about than just playing the games themselves, that's just a great little add-on to a wonderful gaming series, fiind another series where people have this much fun with speculation :D

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='236792' date='Jul 15 2009, 12:42 PM']So there is a time line that only Miyamoto knows and doesn't tell anyone else?[/quote]
That's what Miyamoto claims.

Posted

^Cool. So there's still a mystery as far as we know.

Posted

I think the letter just said that for an easy way out.
also maybe so fans cant guess what happens next in the series.
or the letter tells the truth and this guy worked hard for no reason.
nintendo can be a mystry sometimes

Posted

THAT MAKES ME ALL FLUSTERED AND UPSET

Posted

Agreed. I dont see what they get out of denying the timeline theory. If it doesnt exist why not leave the fans with no answer, so we still have the speculation?

Posted

This guy is very very [b]wrong[/b] and is an idiot...
saying "THIS IS THE CORRECT TIMELINE".... I MADE RESEARCH BLA BLA BLA....
you know what? he didnt do it !

He said that in one point of the timeline the master sword is destroyed and then restored as the four sword because it dont make an appareance in Zelda I & II that is a LIEEEE!!!

In Zelda I the most powerfull sword that Link get is the MAGIC SWORD if you go to zelda.com the OFFICIAL SITE and go to the encyclopedia and search for MAGIC SWORD this is what you get "see Master Sword", with this simple fact all his CORRECT TIMELINE goes down.

Posted

I seriously think people should stop insulting people they don't even know and just let it be, no big deal. :P

Posted

Sorry i kinda went too far :embarrassed:

Posted

Hrrm.

I've had a few timeline theories. When my brain was functioning really well I'd think out many things Zelda had that was mysterious. The timeline theories always ended up major dead ends. Then I got upset and gave up.
That's why I don't believe in a timeline.