What does Hyrule.net mean to you?

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What does it mean to you?

Hyrule.net means to me a lot. I've been here very close to officially 3 years, and within those 3 years I've gone from a noob -> Chat Moderator -> Moderator -> Webmaster. And within the 3 years I've met a lot of cool people including Dustin, Rain, Fierce Muffin, Casshern, Kimmy and a lot of people. I first arrived here when I google'd "Free Nintendo Wii" and found Hyrule.net was having a contest to win a Nintendo Wii, this was what I was looking for at the time, so I joined and then realized this was a zelda fansite and I was also a zelda fan but this did not make me stay. I would leave and later come back to visit the site to see the status of the contest. As time passed I started visiting the site more and more and then it became a daily routine and still is. Ever since then I've made Hyrule.net a part of my life and I guess I can say everyone here is my 2nd family. Within the last year I've become what many call a webmaster he who helps work on a website with content and such and I've long enjoyed doing it, I like to think of it as doing chores for my 2nd family just as I do with my current family. It makes me sad to see Hyrule.net dying down, a lot of people such as Gingerlink from a long time ago no longer really visiting and saying anymore and it makes me sad to see what is happening with my 2nd family and scares me to think that at some point it will become the Desert Colossus (and no not the site) and then I'm not sure what I will do after that happens... What is happening guys?

Edited by Tappy (see edit history)

Posted

What it means to me..

Well, I did spend a few years here now..

I think we have kind of become, cyber friends for life you know.. hehe..

With out Hyrule.net the Internet here would be really more boring.

Long story short heheh :P

Posted

It means a lot to me. Without it I would probably go insane due to my life in the out side world. I mean I really can't explain how much it means to me.

Posted

It's the only place I can actually talk to people. I have no friends close by that I can talk to.

Posted

Oh God, I saw this and thought I should post, just to tell you.

This site meant everything to me back in the day. This was my first forum and I leanred the way of the internet here, so obviously it means alot to me. I discovered myself here and made many friends, although I never really got to know them well, in my opinion. Joined on the 17th of July, really, so it's been a year I've been here. And I'm sad that I don't really feel for the site like I did. If I did, I would still be here, active as ever.

To be honest, without this site, I would probably be the ignorant child I was last year, self-contained and unaware of the rest of the world, like I knew I was. I definitely would be a worse person if I never got on the internet, to be honest.

Just thought I would say that.

Posted

Hyrule.net is my home-away-from-home. When my real life got dull, I'd come here. There was always something interesting to read and cool, unique people to talk to. Over the years I've been able to call many of you my friends. (Yes, you're all my fall-back friends, but I tend to hang out here more than not, so don't worry. ;P) Lately it's become boring and inactive though, especially since Rain is leaving. There's barely any new, interesting posts on a regular basis. Come on guys! I miss you! :<

Posted

I have a lot of memories on this site. It means quite a bit to me, obviously. I've been here long enough. There are a lot of people I miss, though. People back in the day, like Relean. And people like Goron Merchant and Gingerlink rarely post. It's sad, really.

Posted

Hyrule.net really is like a sanctuary to me. Whenever I'm struggling with real-life dramas or difficulties, I'm not afraid to come on here and consult with everybody. The Internet is just another means of communication, after all, and it allows one to make friends from all over. And it's sort of a microverse, too; just as people come into your life every day, drifting in to show you a different way of thinking before moving on, so do they drift in and out of the website. No offense meant to anybody, but there are a lot of people who just kind of go with the flow (just like in real life), not standing out. But then there are the ones who are different, the ones who provide a story of personality.

Members like Rain (Teto, whatever), Goron Merchant, Arcanelord, Zeldafancs, Adr990, Tappy; these people make this community what it is to me, and that is, as I just said, a community, even if they move on to bigger and better things.

Posted

I don't think very many people here want me here. Look what happens on chat. I log on, some people leave just because I log on, and other people call me a nazi.(I'm not a nazi, btw) I like the site, but some of the members are terrible.

Posted

Well, those we don't want you, are trolls. :(

Posted

Oh God, I saw this and thought I should post, just to tell you.

This site meant everything to me back in the day. This was my first forum and I leanred the way of the internet here, so obviously it means alot to me. I discovered myself here and made many friends, although I never really got to know them well, in my opinion. Joined on the 17th of July, really, so it's been a year I've been here. And I'm sad that I don't really feel for the site like I did. If I did, I would still be here, active as ever.

To be honest, without this site, I would probably be the ignorant child I was last year, self-contained and unaware of the rest of the world, like I knew I was. I definitely would be a worse person if I never got on the internet, to be honest.

Just thought I would say that.

And we will miss you dearly.

Hyrule.net is my home-away-from-home. When my real life got dull, I'd come here. There was always something interesting to read and cool, unique people to talk to. Over the years I've been able to call many of you my friends. (Yes, you're all my fall-back friends, but I tend to hang out here more than not, so don't worry. ;P) Lately it's become boring and inactive though, especially since Rain is leaving. There's barely any new, interesting posts on a regular basis. Come on guys! I miss you! :<

Don't forget Arcane, Hyrule.net is like one big family. We know that we can rely on eachother when others need help. Unless your a troll.

I know that was a really cheesy post, but I meant that.

Posted

Yeah, cheesy but true. I know that when I think of Hyrule.net, I think of the members that are regular posters, participants in the "family" or "community" rather than the site itself.

Posted

I've been here since the beginning ^_^

I miss all the old school members but its not so bad because we've had lots of fun new members join too.

Posted

Yeah, I miss the old members too. (At least, the ones I count as old. I came quite a while after you.)

Posted

Hyrule.net means being part of something, and meeting people with the same interests that I have (at home only me my bros and my gf, have th same passion for Zelda that i do), i'm sorry i'm not here more often, but i'm usually very busy