Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mods aren't gods.

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Mods aren't people you need to be polite to.

I'm sick of people telling others, "He's a mod, you shouldn't be impolite to him", or, "Watch what you say to him, he's a mod".

We can't (Rather, shouldn't) do anything to you unless you break the rules.

YES I AM LOOKING AT YOU, STORMSWORDER.

YOU WANNA' GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE?

I'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE.

RIGHT NOW.

LET'S DO THIS.

If a moderator is being a jerk, you have the full right to tell that that.

If the moderator does something to you that was unwarranted, then they're to blame. Just treat moderators like any other person. :/

Don't try to kiss up by telling people to be polite to us. I feel insulted-- like people should watch their tone around me like I'm that policeman guy who only became a policeman 'cause he can carry a gun and thinks a badge is a license for beating up and jailing people he doesn't like.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I don't see being a moderator a reason to be respected at all. DX It's who the individual is that matters... It's like being President... I'm not gonna respect some arsehole simply because he's a higher authority... >:C

God damn you idiots...

Now remember, be polite to Saha... He's a mod. >:c He's also a very awesome person. o: There's my reason for being polite to him...

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

I see what you're getting at, and I agree, but don't fault Stormsworder for it. You're a mod because you are responsible and trustworthy, and because of that, whether you like it or not, you've earned and deserve respect. That doesn't mean everyone's going to kiss your butt. It just means that people will look up to you, and Stormsworder was probably insulted by the way he responded because Adr deserved better in her eyes. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm pretty tired. Do you see what I mean, though?

Posted

So I shouldn't start the Church of Sahatology? I don't know what to believe anymore?

Posted

I dunno, man, I might have said something similar to Adr. :(

But we're bros.

Like Super Mario.

Also, Savanti, you don't have to believe in yourself.

You can just believe in the me who believes in you. :)

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well sorry Mr. Saha, but mods DO deserve respect.

And you're taking everything out of context, because I had already told Adr he shouldn't have said what he did, and what DB said was just completely rude.

Meh, whatever... *goes back to applying for an upgraded admin on the Christian Crew servers*

Posted

Don't you mean... "Believe in the boobs that believe in you?" |D

Posted

I dunno, Stormsworder.

I don't think you've met Django.

Sahaqiel

Posted

If a person has a mod position when they don't deserve it for being such uncaring and cruel people, then why give them any type of power in the first place?

Moderation powers should only be given to people that the higher-ups can deem trustworthy to take care of things, not just anyone. Look at Negation and what he did.

Posted

So I shouldn't show (Adr)ation to a mod?

Posted

Well, see, then your point is nulled. :(

'Cause there are untrustworthy mods.

In anyways, I think I misunderstood why you said what you said.

I was thinking you said it because of fear of punishment.

But really, there is no need to respect people you don't want to.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm not afraid of punishment because I see nothing wrong with what I've said. If you guys have untrustworthy mods, then you need to crack down on who has mod powers, perhaps do a stricter application for getting them.

Some mods who do their job and work to keep the peace deserve respect, since they have to go through tons of flack from all the people around them. If I go through a lot of stuff keeping the peace of Christian gaming servers, I can only imagine what they may put up with on here.

Posted (edited)

No, you warned the other dude to not talk badly about moderators.

And I thought you were implying that DragonBottles would be punished for doing something like that.

Also, SO WHAT'S UP FIGUREHEAD.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

No, I wasn't at all implying that he would get punished. The thought didn't even cross my mind.

Posted (edited)

The thought didn't even cross my mind.

Good.

But mods still don't need to be respected automatically.

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)