Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mods aren't gods.

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Indeed, as do I.

I call BS on that! My prof you out of all people insulted that ass Negation! Correct?

Posted

I call BS on that! My prof you out of all people insulted that ass Negation! Correct?

Did he deserve respect?

Posted

Also, another matter... if this was something that so bothered you, Saha, then you should have sent me a PM to discuss it instead of making a forum post to where the whole community could join in on you pretty much roasting me. That would have shown better discretion on your part instead of trying to get everyone against me.

For the few people who defended me even slightly, thank you.

Posted

I think Saha was addressing the whole entire forum on it. He was just using you as an example.

I said I think though so I'm more or less wrong.

Posted

Watch what you say, Dragonbottles! >:c He's a mod...

That joke has already been pounded to the ground, hun... Sorry <3

Posted

mods and gods rhyme. Just sayin.

Posted

I wasn't on during Hate Day, genius... That's why I wasn't banned. :P

'cough'

@ Stormsworder: Umm... what are you talking about? Im utterly confused.

Posted

Did he deserve respect?

no not in anyway

Posted

Mods may or may not deserve respect, but they usually get it, regardless. They are automatically placed in a position of power over the average user. What they do with that power can earn or destroy their respect amongst the forum. Confucious say.

Stormsworder was just (trying to) help out Sahasrahla, I wouldnt take anything to heart. Although If a user has a nasty 'tone' to a particular member, regardless of if they are a admin, mod or a member, chances are they will be getting warned for it =)

And Savanti, your puns are the worst I have ever seen.. but I cant help loving them.

all in all, users dont have to be nice to mods, but it probably wouldn't hurt them to have some common courtesy.

Posted

[...]instead of making a forum post to where the whole community could join in on you pretty much roasting me.

Err, huh?

Funnily enough, it was just as YLA said. I wasn't really being serious.

But I don't remember anyone "roasting" you in particular, in the slightest.

Except for Figurehead, but I warned him.

This thread isn't focused on your actions; like I said, I've seen this around and don't really appreciate it. It causes a misunderstanding to me when I see, "Watch what you say to a mod".

Because honestly, no matter how I look at that, it just implies to me someone is scared of some sort of backlash upon a mod getting bent out of shape over an insult or remark directed towards them. It just doesn't scream, "He deserves respect because of the position he is in".

People get in disagreements all the time, moderator or not, but I don't believe you should treat a moderator any differently in such a disagreement because of their status, rather, because of how you see them as a person.

Also, Joshizzle, I know it was a joke, gosh. :(

I guess I'm not too great at making examples.

Sahaqiel

Posted

My mod, my mod, why have you forsaken me?!

...Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Posted

Lawlz. Zeldafancs.

Indeedly, Sir J likes to threaten me on Brawl |D

He said I better not brag, or... something like that, or I might find myelf warned and/or temporarily banned. Never went through with it though...

Posted

I was playing Halo 3 with Knockdown, I believe, and I told him I'd totally ban him, unseriously.

But I was fairly sure he said the n word in an insulting way, so I was like what. :/

If only I could chat with Brawlers.

Or Nintendo's online service was a bit easier to deal with.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Nintendo's online service is indeed pretty lame. The only game it works decent on is Mario Kart Wii. Fact.

Posted

BE NICE TO SAHAQIEL ANYWAY. HES NOT A doggiepoo VERY OFTEN SO BE POLITE. when you DO see a doggiepoo mod tell him to shut his popular princess mouth. but sahaqiel is not a doggiepoo mod.