Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dampe in MM

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been wondering for a while now why his name doesn't change from OoT to MM. The only other person I can think of that it happens to is the Happy Mask Salesman, and that's been explained already. Perhaps Dampe went through the lost woods at some point?

Posted

Doubt it, :\

Probably just the Parallel-Universe-Dampe.

Posted

He is not the only one, Koume and Kotake also have the same name in both games

EDIT: And Link the Goron too, if it's the same one as in OOT

Posted

I was fairly sure that Link the Goron was Link the Goron from OoT, since, you know, he needs a hotel reservation since he's a traveler there.

But wouldn't he recognize Link? :/ I mean, sure, Link the Goron met Link when Link was an adult(?), but you would think he'd reference Link's clothes or something.

Link the Goron also has a good taste in hats and bow ties.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yay! I made a complete failure topic! :joy: (Eh, not my first one. "The realms" never even got a reply. :P )

Posted

Aha! Problem.

Link the Goron wasn't born when Link was a kid, and he was a very young goron when Link was an adult.

Couldn't be the same Goron in MM if he wasn't even born yet, as the Goron in MM is a fully grown Goron.

Posted

Unless Majora's Mask runs on a different time than Hyrule. Then it is entirely possible for Link Goron to grow up and travel there.

Posted

So you're saying... Link went through a portal thing into the future of Termina, where, in Hyrule, time still went normally, Link the Goron grew up, and traveled to Termina the natural way..?

Interesting...

Posted

But then what about Koume and Kotake? By that theory they would be the same too.. It's possible but... I think it was just lazy of Nintendo, they didn't want to come up with other names anymore ;-)

Posted (edited)

Good theory! ;D

I like you. Karma.

EDIT: Nevermind, Im out right now D:

I'll give you some when it refills.

Edited by Ryu (see edit history)

Posted

Aww thanks darling I like you too :D

Posted

^wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-wha-

Posted

I agree. O_O

That was a creepy post...

Posted

I think Termina and Hyrule are more connected than we think. I'm playing through MM again and I just did the heart piece sidequest where you bring a slab of meat from Goron Village to the poor Goron trapped up on a cliff freezing and starving to death. He mentions that the meat is rich and must've come from the dodongos of Dodongo's Cavern. Now I'm not sure if that's a OoT Hyrule-exclusive area, or if Termina has it's own cavern that you never see/explore during the course of the game, but if the cavern he mentions is OoT's, it would mean that the Gorons have been in Termina, have visited Hyrule and made it back again.

Posted

It isn't meat, it's rock serloin. I haven't done that one for a while so I don't know exacly what he says though :P