Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dampe in MM

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Good point, forgot about that. :\ Silly me, and I just played through it again :P

Yus, they must be connected in more ways than just the way Link got there.

Posted

Does Link the goron's name change if you don't use Link as a name? I don't know since I always use Link.

Posted

Yeah, I used "Chase" and that was his name. And mine :zelda:

Posted

Link didn't save the Gorons in the child timeline. So Darunia wouldn't have named his child Link. Thus, the Goron in MM is not Darunia's son.

Posted

It's a paradox, a paradox, a most ingenious paradox!

Posted

Aethix's post=win.

Posted

Link didn't save the Gorons in the child timeline. So Darunia wouldn't have named his child Link. Thus, the Goron in MM is not Darunia's son.

Here's what zeldawiki says about that:

"Link is the son of Darunia in Ocarina of Time. He was born sometime during Link's seven year long sleep. Darunia named him after the original Link who saved the Gorons by chasing off the Dodongos which had taken possession of Dodongo's Cavern, the place that the Gorons used as their chief source of nourishment."

So Darunia still would have named his child Link in the child timeline

Posted

Depends on when Majora's Mask takes place. If it is immediately after Oot, there's no way he could have had a kid that fast (Which an interesting question is raised, how do they reproduce? O.o) If it takes place a year or more after, then I can possibly see it, depending on how fast gorons grow up. It just depends on a lot of unknown factors.

Posted

This is going to get a little confusing and I'll have a hard time explaining it for you to understand since it's too early for me to, but I'll try.

Warning spoilers for OoT.

First off I do not think that Link the Goron is the goron in MM.

Ok so in OoT Young Link saved the gorons and he was a hero there. Then he collected the other spiritual stone and went forward in time. Then after you go back to the Temple of Time and put the sword back in, Link turns back into Young Link. They go back exactly 7 years. So when Link goes back in time from the end of the game...

No wait I just found my flaw.

Zelda takes Link back before all of that happened

so what I said would be wrong.

What I was going to say was that Link went back in time 7 years, but it was before he and Zelda met.

Posted

I don't know about that, because then the Gorons wouldn't be saved and Jabu-Jabu would still be "sick". So either Link would still have to save the day (who else to turn to?) or he wouldn't care about those races, but that doesn't seem like something the hero of time would do ;-)

Posted

No, see, the point of sending Link back in time was to prevent any of that from happening. After all, Ganny practically destroyed Hyrule. (I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.)

Posted

Yeah when Link was sent back in time, the most accepted theory is that Ganondorf was thwarted before he could begin his evil terror, and Link was given a childhood. Of course, he goes and wastes it in the lost woods looking for Navi, ends up in Termina, and presumably becomes a Stalfos, but yeah.

Posted

Actually he returns to Hyrule, as you can plainly see at the end of MM, and eventually becaomes Hero Shade. I have proof of that too.

Posted

I think I get it now, so Ganondorf put King Dodongo in Dodongo's Cavern, but when Link gets sent back they stop Ganondorf before he can do that, so nobody needs to save the Gorons. Right? So in that case there would be no Link the Goron in OOT.

But that creates all kinds of time paradoxes XD I'm getting confused by time travel...

Posted

Actually he returns to Hyrule, as you can plainly see at the end of MM, and eventually becaomes Hero Shade. I have proof of that too.

I realize he comes back, I was saying he becomes a stalfos in the lost woods after coming back. But you don't have "proof" of that, there is no proof.