Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dampe in MM

46 posts in this topic

Posted

If I could find a picture of Hero Shade, a good one, then I could prove it. I mean look at his shield. It looks a bit like the Mirror shield from MM. it's just rusted. His sword also shows some resemblance to the Gilded sword..

Posted

You may have evidence, but you don't have proof. They aren't the same thing. Proof means that it's undeniable fact. Evidence means that it might be true. You don't know that the Hero's Shade is the Link from OOT, but there is evidence supporting the idea.

Posted

Legend of Zelda is one giant paradox! DX

Posted

Dang it. :(

@Ryu: Yeah. Time travel screwed up everything by splitting the time line and making it really confusing. xD

Posted

The Hero's Shade's weapons and armor bear no resemblance to any of Link's during the events of Majora's Mask. The Gilded Sword is called Gilded for a reason, that being it's covered in Gold. It also has a pattern alternating from blue to gold, and the hilts are completely different. It is a different sword. As for his shield, the only way it remotely resembles the Mirror Shield of Majora's Mask is that it's round.

Also, it's like eight feet tall.

Link was never eight feet tall.

Sahaqiel

Posted

If I could find a good picture I'd show you, but alas I couldn't find one.

I found one, but it was stupid fan art. It was lousy fan art at that. xD

Also he calls himself a past hero. If I remember correctly.

Posted

He said he once took up the role of a hero.

It doesn't say which one.

Needless to say, since he's eight feet tall, he's not Link.

Sahaqiel

Posted

All stalfos are freakishly tall if I remember correctly. Also, the Hero's Shade is covered in dirt and dust, so colors aren't defined very well. As for the sheild, It has a subtle, blury image of a face, much like the one in MM. The reason it isn't reflective is, again, it's dirty.

Posted

True, becoming a stalfos could change someone's height.

There still isn't any proof, just speculation.

Posted

It's not even really confirmed that people turn into Stalfos when lost in the Lost Woods. All you have to go by is one statement by a single Kokiri.

Although, Link, being in the Lost Woods, could in fact be the Missing Link, lol.

OK, that was horrible.

Sahaqiel

Posted

for some reason I think that Link in OoT and MM is the same one in Link's Awakening.

Posted

^Explanation please. I think I might just play LA like I played Mother 3. Heh heh.

Posted

for some reason I think that Link in OoT and MM is the same one in Link's Awakening.

I really doubt that. I'm pretty sure LA Link is the same Link as ALttP. The two sets of games take place in very different points in time.

Posted

Well let's see. The final boss, Nightmare, is presumably based on experiences Link has encountered before (like in most people's nightmares). The second form of Nightmare is Agahnim, who is only present in ALttP. The fourth form is Ganon, but not just the Ganon from OOT, it's the one with the trident, so it's Ganon from ALttP. The fifth form is Lanmola, also a boss from ALttP.

The only evidence I can find that it's OOT Link is the characters Marin and Tarin, which would be Link's 'dream equivalents' of Malon and Talon. But then again, Marin presumably looks like Zelda (this is said in the beginning of the game I think), so I think Marin is rather Zelda's counterpart.

I think it's just ALttP-Link, like the creators intended in the first place.

Posted (edited)

Also

As for the sheild, It has a subtle, blury image of a face, much like the one in MM. The reason it isn't reflective is, again, it's dirty.

No it doesn't.

Incidentally, the Hero's Shade might not even be is not a Stalfos at all. Look at him; he's pretty much flesh and bone except for his face. He bears more resemblance to the dead knights' spirits in Hyrule Castle's graveyard.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)