Do you smoke weed?

241 posts in this topic

Posted

This summer, I had been smoking about 2-3 times a week for 1-1,5 year. Then I got in some problems with the police, and did quit smoking for about half a year. Now I smoke every once in a while, a couple of times a month maybe. I've had so many very varied experiences with weed and hashish, that it's hard to classify it as good or bad. In some ways it made me smarter, I realized things and have been attending very deep and meaningful conversations while high, which I feel I've grown a lot from. I don't think weed is harmful as long as you respect it, and understand that it eventually can ruin your life.

Posted

I've had so many very varied experiences with weed and hashish, that it's hard to classify it as good or bad.

it eventually can ruin your life.

Not sure if serious...

Posted

Not sure if serious...

I think he means indirectly. In some states, the penalty for possessing 16 ounces of weed is equivalent to that for illegally selling a firearm, or for possessing an explosive bomb or a machine gun (1-7 years in prison).

Posted

lol, win.

Posted

not one bit, never tried it and never plan to.

Posted

You mean you think you were having deep conversations. puppy Norway.

puppy Norway indeed.

not one bit, never tried it and never plan to.

any specific reason why?

Posted

Its gross?

And illegal.

Posted

Its gross?

And illegal.

Ya can't say it's gross if you haven't tried it.

Also, many of the US's illegal "drugs" are harmless and should not be scheduled with the real big ones like Coke and Heroin. George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson all smoked weed, and they are some of the most revered people in American history.

Posted

any specific reason why?

A few.

1. the smell makes me want to vomit.

2. I do not like the idea of not having full and complete control or awareness over your body and mind. This is why I do not get drunk or even buzzed.

3. Its another waste of money that I would not want.

4. I have never smoked anything, weed, hookah, cigs, nothing. Unlike the rest of my family who are chain smokers. I like to keep it that way.

5. It is illegal to do so. I know its not as harmful as legal stuff nor is it as bad as cocaine or other stuff, but the fact is, it is still illegal. I dont take chances with a police record.

I dont bash anyone who does. Incidentally, most of my friends smoke weed. Its just not my thing.

Posted

You mean you think you were having deep conversations. puppy Norway.

I have no way to express how you are wrong, so I will just inform you that you are incorrect and will move on.

Its gross?

That is all in the eye of the beholder.

It grows on you :3

4. I have never smoked anything, weed, hookah, cigs, nothing. Unlike the rest of my family who are chain smokers. I like to keep it that way.
You're associating weed with cigarettes...unfortunately, this is a common mistake.

Posted

You're associating weed with cigarettes...unfortunately, this is a common mistake.

Not really,

it is still something you smoke from one degree to another and the thought of lighting something up and sucking smoke into my lungs is repulsive. It is something that will never grow on me. Hence why I have no interest in it.

Posted

Not really,

it is still something you smoke from one degree to another and the thought of lighting something up and sucking smoke into my lungs is repulsive. It is something that will never grow on me. Hence why I have no interest in it.

well you can eat it in brownies and cookies which are mad yum. also vaporizer. Its still smoke but not smelly or harmful to your lungs. (as far as I know I dont have a vape)

Posted

2. I do not like the idea of not having full and complete control or awareness over your body and mind. This is why I do not get drunk or even buzzed.

3. Its another waste of money that I would not want.

5. It is illegal to do so. I know its not as harmful as legal stuff nor is it as bad as cocaine or other stuff, but the fact is, it is still illegal. I dont take chances with a police record.

I dont bash anyone who does. Incidentally, most of my friends smoke weed. Its just not my thing.

If weed was legal I still would not use it. I do not like drugs, which is why I am a very light drinker and have no interest to try anything. Again your choice is your choice and dont let anyone tell you differently but it is not for me. Pure and simple.

Posted

Not really,

Yes really, weed is nothing like cigarettes. Whether or not you smoke it is your own decision, but don't compare weed to cigarettes, they have nothing in common besides the fact that you smoke both.

Posted

Yes really, weed is nothing like cigarettes. Whether or not you smoke it is your own decision, but don't compare weed to cigarettes, they have nothing in common besides the fact that you smoke both.

my view on drugs is very cut and dry. If you smoke it, I find it disgusting. If it is any kind of hallucinogen, I don't want to try it because I like being in control of myself. I like self awareness. If it is addictive by any means, I certainly will not use it. Above all if it is illegal, I will never touch them. Cigarettes are worse. I am not trying to refute that. Anyone with half a brain can see that. However, they are regulated and taxed. Advertisements for them have stopped to a very minimal level and the prices for them have sky rocketed. People speak out against them and such which is also good.

Weed on the other hand is illegal. Pure and simple. People who sell it are breaking the law. People using it are breaking the law, provided they do not posses a card allowing them access to it for medicinal uses. When being sold, this creates a lucrative market where lots of money is being exchanged. This money, of course, is not taxed and not being used to help cushion the economy. Gangs don't kill over cigarettes, people don't go to jail for using them, When something is illegal, it holds more ground as being wrong in my book. Others may not feel this way and that is fine. I like to keep within the rules. I know you all are going to say cig's are worse and they are legal. You are 100% right. However there is a choice people make which is not refutable, the choice to use. Cig's are legal. That does not mean you have to use them. Those who do made a conscious decision to use them despite the massive amounts of awareness campaigns out there trying to deter people. Weed may not be as harmful on a personal level, but it does cause its own fair share of problems. Problems that cig's do not create. If weed was legal, regulated and taxed I would be in more support of it. I would never use it but I would support it if it was legalized and properly ran.