Do you smoke weed?

241 posts in this topic

Posted

If I smoked weed and my parents found out... I don't think I want to imagine the consequences :/

Posted

I've smoked weed a couple of times so far, and I like it. I want to do it more (And plan to, mind you) but also, when I see people who smoke weed EVERY day it's kind of sad. I see it as more of a weekly or even monthly thing. Mushrooms are cool, but psychedelics are definitely something you don't want to abuse. They can really screw you up psychologically if you overdo them.

Posted

No, I don't smoke weed.

Posted

I don't smoke. I have gum.

Posted

Gum < weed. Don't get all superior on us now. Everyone who is so adamantly against marijuana: good for you, but don't think that it makes you superior or a better person. The truth is that weed is great when you get a good high. I was surprised that smoking weed via pipe was not an option in this poll.

Marijuana likes this

Posted

I have gum.

Good luck getting high with that.

Posted

I was referencing Resident Evil 4. But alright.

Posted

Doing drugs is cowardly. It means that you are giving up, that you can't be bothered accepting your life for what it is so you trick yourself to believe that it's something its not. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. You don't run away and pretend they're oranges. Plus, marijuana is highly addictive (yes, it is) and studies have shown that it can cause the serious psychotic disorder known as schizophrenia and your chances increase by four times if you do it before you turn 16. There is no reason to start and even less of a reason for it to be legalized. PLEASE, DON"T DO DRUGS!!!

I hope you enjoyed my mini-rant ^_^

Posted

I hope you enjoyed my mini-rant ^_^

I didn't. You're an idiot for believing all this government propaganda.

Posted

I didn't. You're an idiot for believing all this government propaganda.

No, YOU'RE the idiot for believing all of the government propaganda.

Think about it, how many jobs are created when someone goes to rehab?

Depressing, isn't it.

Posted

No, YOU'RE the idiot for believing all of the government propaganda.

Wat

Think about it, how many jobs are created when someone goes to rehab?

Uh, not that many really. If the government really wanted to profit from marijuana, they would legalize it. They would receive tax from the distribution, and far more jobs would be created than what you're talking about here.

Depressing, isn't it.

What's depressing is that they refuse to do this.

Posted

marijuana is highly addictive (yes, it is)
NO. Get the puppy out of here. You are a dumbass and you have no clue what you are talking about.

and studies have shown that it can cause the serious psychotic disorder known as schizophrenia and your chances increase by four times if you do it before you turn 16.
I hate you. Smoking weed releases dopamine, which speeds up the process of developing schizophrenia, but does NOT cause it. And don't talk about schizophrenia like it's some unknown secret thing, my best friend is schizophrenic.

There is no reason to start and even less of a reason for it to be legalized.
Besides all the medicinal uses, the fact that taxing it would help with the government's money problems, the fact that it's been proven that when people have access to marijuana, they typically avoid hard drugs, etcetc, yaknow, not important.

Posted

The only problem I have with weed is the things that people might do while they're high. If people were to just stay in their houses and enjoy their high, it would be harmless, but there will always be people who will end up hurting others while in this state. They might try to drive and hit someone, or pull some crazy stunt that gets themselves and possibly others killed. They might already have issues with anger or violence, and being high might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Or they might simply say something they would never have said otherwise. Verbal abuse can be just as painful as physical for some people.

If I had some assurance that none of this crap would ever happen, then I'd be all for legalizing the stuff. If people want to do get high, and they know the risks involved, they should be allowed to, but not if there's a chance other people could be hurt.

Posted

Doing drugs is cowardly. It means that you are giving up, that you can't be bothered accepting your life for what it is so you trick yourself to believe that it's something its not. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. You don't run away and pretend they're oranges. Plus, marijuana is highly addictive (yes, it is) and studies have shown that it can cause the serious psychotic disorder known as schizophrenia and your chances increase by four times if you do it before you turn 16. There is no reason to start and even less of a reason for it to be legalized. PLEASE, DON"T DO DRUGS!!!

Wat

@Gael: Yeah, that could be an issue. Not so much with pot but definitely with alcohol and some other drugs.

Posted

@Gael: Yeah, that could be an issue. Not so much with pot but definitely with alcohol and some other drugs.

I'd say it's still an issue, although to a much less severe extent than other "drugs". Being high is still a form of having impaired judgement. It's just...hmm....I guess a different form of impairment...? I wonder if anyone has done judgement and hand-eye coordination tests with people who are high. The results would be interesting to see.