Do you smoke weed?

241 posts in this topic

Posted

Clicked on this thread and newest post was Zuzu in December '09

;;

Posted

The only problem I have with weed is the things that people might do while they're high. If people were to just stay in their houses and enjoy their high, it would be harmless, but there will always be people who will end up hurting others while in this state. They might try to drive and hit someone, or pull some crazy stunt that gets themselves and possibly others killed. They might already have issues with anger or violence, and being high might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Or they might simply say something they would never have said otherwise. Verbal abuse can be just as painful as physical for some people.

If I had some assurance that none of this crap would ever happen, then I'd be all for legalizing the stuff. If people want to do get high, and they know the risks involved, they should be allowed to, but not if there's a chance other people could be hurt.

You clearly have no clue what being high actually does to you.

Posted

You clearly have no clue what being high actually does to you.

Care to enlighten me? I've never been high, but would you consider it safe to drive while high?

Posted

Care to enlighten me? I've never been high, but would you consider it safe to drive while high?

Gave Google a look and this is what I got:

"It's not quite as bad as driving drunk but it's still bad. You tend to be wreckless when driving drunk. When you drive high you're actually too careful and paranoid. Your reflexes and reaction times are slower which is the greatest danger. Also, you're mind tends to wander and get overloaded making it hard to concentrate on just driving. It's really not safe."

Posted

But then, not as bad as being drunk, right?

I wouldn't know I've never been high.

Posted

Weed also contains some of the same irritants and carcinogens found in cigarettes. But the opinion seems to be that people who smoke marijuana are at less risk for cancer because they ingest, over time, a lot less of the stuff than cigarette smokers do. Another double-standard: why is marijuana illegal when cigarettes are not?

Posted

"It's not quite as bad as driving drunk but it's still bad. You tend to be wreckless when driving drunk. When you drive high you're actually too careful and paranoid. Your reflexes and reaction times are slower which is the greatest danger. Also, you're mind tends to wander and get overloaded making it hard to concentrate on just driving. It's really not safe."

This sums it up pretty well.

Also, Gael, it's because THC (The main active chemical in marijuana) helps fight cancer, so it's far less harmful than tobacco. The reason I say it's not personally an issue with pot is because if I was high the last thing I'd want to do is go out driving. It's very different from alcohol, because it doesn't impair my judgment nearly as much. When I'm drunk I tend to do things that sound absolutely fantastic at the time but looking back I realize how bad my decision making was. When high I just want to chill, you know... The effects aren't really comparable.

And yeah, there are big double standards. Tobacco and Alcohol, our famous legal drugs are terrible for your health, moreso than most illegal drugs, but are socially acceptable. And anyway, why should the government control what we do with ourselves in the first place, eh?

What would be hilarious is driving while tripping on LSD.

Posted

"OH SHIT WHAT'S THAT ELEPHANT DOING IN THAT TREE" ... *crashhh*

Posted

"OH SHIT WHAT'S THAT ELEPHANT DOING IN THAT TREE" ... *crashhh*

"I swear officer, and elephant fell on my car! He just set me up against this tree to get me out of the way of the other cars." :wacko:

Posted

Dude, that's a smart elephant.

Posted

That about sums it up.

Weed also contains some of the same irritants and carcinogens found in cigarettes.

NO.

And to explain what weed actually does to you, read this shit I wrote: http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/a-brief-explanation-of-the-physical-and-mental-effects-of-marijuana-2331481.html

Posted

I thought you liked dealing with facts?

"This study is the only evidence anyone has that marijuana kills brain cells, and of course, one can clearly see that this evidence is faulty. Marijuana has no effect on one's brain cells."

That's not factual. So one stupid study is done and that's proof enough that marijuana has no effect on one's brains cells. I'd like to see a study that isn't faulty.

"marijuana contains only THC, and I'm sure a few other chemicals with no real effects."

What other chemicals?

"Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens. But marijuana users typically smoke much less often than tobacco smokers, and over time, inhale much less smoke. As a result, the risk of serious lung damage should be lower in marijuana smokers."

You mean carcinogens? Because this is from the source you provided. Also, users "typically" smoke much less often than tobacco users. Has a study been done with that, too?

At least check the website before you try and convince people that the drug you love so much can't harm them, Snooky. Go ahead and say that I'm believing "propaganda bullshit" but it sounds like that's exactly what you're trying to feed me.

Posted

I thought you liked dealing with facts?

"This study is the only evidence anyone has that marijuana kills brain cells, and of course, one can clearly see that this evidence is faulty. Marijuana has no effect on one's brain cells."

That's not factual. So one stupid study is done and that's proof enough that marijuana has no effect on one's brains cells. I'd like to see a study that isn't faulty.

Really? I have to spoon-feed you every detail?

There have been plenty of studies done testing the effects of marijuana on the brain. And with every one, except the one I mentioned, they walked away with the same results: Weed does NOT kill brain cells. Whenever someone says it does, their only grounds for saying this is one faulty study done a quarter of a century ago, which was my point, which seemed to fly right over your head.

And for the record, yes, it is factual.

"marijuana contains only THC, and I'm sure a few other chemicals with no real effects."

What other chemicals?

Whatever chemicals most plants contain. I'm no botanist, so I have no clue.

"Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens. But marijuana users typically smoke much less often than tobacco smokers, and over time, inhale much less smoke. As a result, the risk of serious lung damage should be lower in marijuana smokers."

You mean carcinogens? Because this is from the source you provided. Also, users "typically" smoke much less often than tobacco users. Has a study been done with that, too?

At least check the website before you try and convince people that the drug you love so much can't harm them, Snooky. Go ahead and say that I'm believing "propaganda bullshit" but it sounds like that's exactly what you're trying to feed me.

I did check the website. It looked promising, so I linked to it so others could read it. I can't help it if they get a little bit of their info wrong. Everyone makes mistakes.

However, I'll assume for a second that I am wrong, and it does contain carcinogens, which I highly doubt. The fact is, weed does more to subside and prevent cancer than it does to cause it. And yes, studies HAVE been done on this. Weed has actually been found to deteriorate cancer cells.

"Also, users 'typically' smoke much less often than tobacco users. Has a study been done with that, too?"

First of all, who the puppy cares? The above statement should be common knowledge.

I'll give you a small figure to illustrate this fact. A pack of cigarettes costs around 3 dollars. The total amount of weed needed to fill every cigarette in a pack would cost about $20. On average, I'd say most of the stoners I know smoke about a blunt to a dime a day. For reference, that's $5-10 worth of weed. And that's just the heavy smokers with lots of money and nothing else to spend it on.

Heavy chain smokers usually smoke 1-2 packs a day. That's 2-4 times as much as a stoner smokes.

All that said,

"At least check the website before you try and convince people that the drug you love so much can't harm them, Snooky."

Weed cannot physically harm you. Weed is not a drug. kthx.

Posted

Whatever, dude. You're still only providing me with your word and a bunk website. I'm not saying weed is bad. I'm not saying it's good. You just make it your business to disagree with everyone who dislikes pot and never provide any evidence supporting yourself.

"WEED IS NOT A DRUG"

...hahaha. Snooky, come on man. It's a plant, but it's also a drug. Tobacco's the same way.

Who the puppy cares? Me, and pretty much everyone in this topic. You, apparently, care so much to combat everyone against pot. It's rather important that every statement you make be based on absolute truth, if it's concerning something you believe in. Question everything. Pot may not contribute as much to cancer as cigarettes, but it may still contribute. That's important knowledge for someone who's debating on smoking pot.

Yes, spoon-feed me every detail. Give me a thorough, detailed synopsis with footnotes and relative sources. Show me these studies that have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that pot causes cancer cells to deteriorate. That it doesn't contain carcinogens. Then I will be behind you all the way, if you can prove your case.

As it stands, you're just a face on the internet proclaiming about pot.

Posted

guise, guise. Settle down :3.