46 replies to this topic

#21 Sahaqiel

Hero of Time

• ~Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10284 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

I used to enjoy Minish Cap. But now, it only causes me so much agony. ):
I could say it was resurfaced, but then that would also contradict stuff.

Sometimes I just don't know what to think anymore. I am starting to lose my faith in Nintendo.
Sahaqiel

#22 DocHobo

Peahat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

Ah, well seeing as you haven't played ST, New Hyrule isn't old Hyrule resurfaced- it's a new land discovered by Link and Tetra after years of sailing and later settled by islanders, presumably from the world of the Ocean King, seeing as there are plenty of descendants of PH characters

and I don't think nintendo knows of the word "continuity" : /

#23 Sahaqiel

Hero of Time

• ~Administrators
  • 10284 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

Let's figure out the Mario timeline.
Sahaqiel

#24 DocHobo

Peahat

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

It's obviously:
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario 64
but then the TIMELINE SPLITS INTO TWO

in the first:
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Sunshine
All the Mario Sports/Party/Kart games

in the second:
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Bros.

#25 Sahaqiel

Hero of Time

• ~Administrators
  • 10284 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

What are you talking about.
The flow of time obviously reverses itself during the Mario Parties and the Mario timeline begins twice in two different universes and crisscross each other during Super Mario World.

#26 ~Toon Link~

Gel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:37 PM

What if MC is 50 yrs before ST?

Everybody seems to forget there is no Zora in either of the Games!!!!!!

#27 DocHobo

Peahat

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

The history between PH and ST is well recorded and explained by Niko at the beginning of ST. If MC had happened during that time, you'd think Niko would know?

And of course, the fact that if it did take place 50 years before ST, where are the Spirit Tracks? Why is there a well established royal family in MC when it would have just gotten started around that time? Where are all of the Wind Waker characters who would be all entering their olden days at that point? And the fact that there's an old legend of the land when they would have just begun to settle. I myself am convinced that MC does not take place before or after ST, but I can't necessarily place it anywhere else beside the "Four Swords is the oldest tale" quote, even though MC doesn't fit that well at the start of the timeline.

#28 ~Toon Link~

Gel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

You win.

#29 Puck

Manhandla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

Also, Ganondorf's face in Hero of Time, which raped the canon so hard..
Sahaqiel

You know, when I normally see a scary or unexpected image in a horror film or somewhere else, I don't scream and usually react quietly. I actually yelped when I saw that picture.
PS. Figured out how to cut off parts of a previous post.

#30 vaatidorf

Octorok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:08 AM

There is no way TMC can fit after ST! I strongly believe it is first. The FS quote is one reason, but I only started believing that quote recently. At least since the miyamoto timeline was confirmed to be wrong. I have supported TMC being first for a while. Geography isn't a good arguement, but landmarks are. How can TMC be on the AT when FSA's map is IDENTICAL to ALTTP's map and old Hyrule? As for the goron problem, how does that work if TMC is after ST? You run into problems with FSA (and lol figurines). I posted the translations of the japanese text for the games a while back. It should be on this forum somewhere.

The japanese ending of TMC calls in Link's first adventure or the first adventure of Link. THat sounds like foreshadowing to me. I also recall a translation that called TMC the adventure of the first Link. As for the light force and the triforce, they are not the same thing. The light force was a gift from the minish. The triforce was left in Hyrule after it was created. And the light force is the true source of Zelda's power. Speaking of the minish, it is stated that they like to hide things in grass, jars, etc to help the humans. TMC's BS is implied to be the first time the minish came to Hyrule. This means the BS has to occur a long time before the other games. TMC is only 100 years after its BS. I even support the hat arguement, but that is minor evidence.

And of course, the fact that if it did take place 50 years before ST, where are the Spirit Tracks? Why is there a well established royal family in MC when it would have just gotten started around that time? Where are all of the Wind Waker characters who would be all entering their olden days at that point? And the fact that there's an old legend of the land when they would have just begun to settle. I myself am convinced that MC does not take place before or after ST, but I can't necessarily place it anywhere else beside the "Four Swords is the oldest tale" quote, even though MC doesn't fit that well at the start of the timeline.

TMC can't go after ST, period because of FSA. It's in old Hyrule. Now FSA is harder to place than TMC. And you mentioned a few good points. Besides. If TMC was after ST, where are the tracks and the tower? They are permanant. As for races like the zoras and Gerudo (I should note that the gerudo are gone on the AT) not being in TMC, Only hylians seem to be in TMC. It is likly that the zoras and gerudo didn't become part of Hyrule until shortly before OOT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users