Followers 0

Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Tell 'im, Kimzor ;)

Posted

Exactly. ^.^

Posted

I was making a point that discrimination happens and is in many cases necessary to keep society functional, whether you like or not. That isn't retarded. What's stupid (I personally don't think the word "retartded" should be abused like that, just as I think the word "gay" shouldn't be abused) is the idea that our national security should be compromised to accommodate a single group of people. The military isn't about any one person or group of people, it's about the country.

Oh, and in response to the incessant argument that I keep hearing about people not flaunting their sexuality: I know they won't flaunt their sexuality, but if they disclose their sexual orientation, people will know. It doesn't matter how much or how little their sexuality is flaunted, people will still know. That knowledge is enough to make a significant number of people uncomfortable around their comrades, so they won't be able to function as a unit. The ability of the military to function takes precedence over any perceived right to join it regardless of your sexual orientation.

Posted

Ok, guys. Frat isn't allowed at all. A normal member of the defenseforce knows this, be they gay or not. If an incident happens then theyshould be kicked out or dealt with however seems appropriate. The problem is that some people have trouble understanding that gay people don't come to the military to meet other guys, they come to serve. And that means that they will follow the rules.

If they don't, kick them out.

Posted

I could hardly consider minority and gender only scholarships discrimination, being that they are funded by private organizations that have every right to choose who they give their money to.

Your analogy of a blind referee and Mr. T playing Marie Antoniette is also out of place, being that with it you are implying that gay people cannot fulfill their duties correctly, which I'm sure you don't mean.

And just because they have disclosed their orientation does not mean everyone will know. Once you can prove that including gay people in the military will harm it's function then I will believe you have a valid argument. As for your awkwardness claim, if you're going to be spending years out there, you're not going to be constantly worrying about 'the gay guy' unless you are a blatant insecure homophobe.

Posted

If the rule is taken out, then I can see a lot of gay people being assaulted/raped.

Posted

man I don't even know anymore.

Posted

If the rule is taken out, then I can see a lot of gay people being assaulted/raped.

this made me lol

Posted

I don't even understand the point of this rule. Hell, if somebody told me that they'd take a bullet for me, I'd let them. I wouldn't care if they were straight, gay, bi, asexual, polysexual, transaexual, or hell, even pansexual! So long as they weren't a furry. Haha.

Posted

i wont be saying anything about this exept for this

military= circle

Posted

Completely. Military also = Catch-22.