I need help

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Dunno where to post this so if a mod thinks this should be moved, go right ahead.

Anyway, I don't really believe in God, but I'm in a confirmation class, and I have to do a confirmation project stating that I believe in God... but I don't. I haven't really told my parents. Should I? Say it straight up? Be gradual? Help please. Plus I need to do something for my confirmation project. I was thing playing a piece on my violin.

Edit: Plurality failure.

Posted

1. You stole a quote from me. Quote thief!

2. What's a Confirmation class?

Posted

1. THATS MY QUOTE! GITYEROWN WANNABE!

2. It's basically a class that rants on how everybody in there believes in god. I don't.

Anyway, how should I tell them?

Posted

...Just say that you're an Atheist/Deist/whatever the hell you believe in. You can call in the First Amendment if they try to force you to believe in God. Huzzah for the bill of rights!

Posted

Hmmm, I went to Catholic school for a while, I had a confirmation class as well. I always regreted going through with confirmation... But my parent's bribed me with a casadia maker. Still wasn't worth it.

I'd tell your parents. Comming outta the religious closet isn't as hard as you'd think. Although, my friend went through the same thing as I did, and had a much more difficult time.

Posted

I WANT to tell my parents, but I want to know how. Tell then straight out, leave them hints... Help.

Posted

Just say "My protection offered by the First Amendment is being violated".

Posted

I'd be straight-up about it. Leaving hints is never a good idea, cause they may never figure it out.

Posted

Plead the fifth.

Posted

Who needs the fifth when you have the FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Yea, the fifth wouldn't work too well here. He already isn't saying that he doesn't believe in God, so who would ask him if he didn't? A situation were "the fifth" is reasonable answer doesn't seem likely.

Posted

Who needs the fifth when you have the FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plead them both then, although...well that wouldn't make sense.

The first does make a bit more sense

Posted

Ug. Confirmation class is terribly dull. That aside, just tell them. It doesn't have to be complicated. You can say, "I've decided I don't want to be confirmed, because I don't believe in God."

Posted

I just realized something. If I don't believe in God, I don't get Christmas.

Shoot.

Posted

...Confirmation Class? It reminds of that stupid Called to Love class I have on Mondays. Yawn.

I would just tell them that you don't believe in God, I mean you have the right to believe in whatever you want, I hope.