Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Books You've been Reading

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think we have a thread for books anywhere... If we do, oh well. So yeah, talk about books you've been reading lately, or books you like in particular.

The Silmarillion, by J.R.R. Tolkien. It's pretty good, a sort of backstory for the Lord of the Rings universe. Melkor totally owns Sauron.:3

Posted

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. :vamp:

Posted

That certainly sounds interesting. Gotta love historical vampire-centered fiction.

Posted

The Shadow of the Wind.

It's a pretty great mystery book. It's a mystery book that's about books. I like that.

Posted

It's pretty good, a sort of backstory for the Lord of the Rings universe. Melkor totally owns Sauron.:3

Yes it does, yes he does, and yes this does, but the old topic died so this is exceptable.

Currently I am reading Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. When I am done, I intend to read The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli.

Posted

I heard about a book called "Pride and prejudice and Zombies." Now I want to look into "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire hunter."

But I just finished A day in the life of Ivan Denisovich. It was good.

Posted

I've been reading "The Dragon and The George" By Gordon R. Dickson.

<3

Posted

Yay, lots of good books! <3

I just finished 1984, but want to look at some sections again. On my to-read list: The Screwtape Letters, Brave New World, and Beyond Good and Evil.

Posted

I've been reading the percy jackson and the olympians series and it's waaaay diffrent than the movie, so far i've read up to the sea of monsters

Posted

I've been reading The Sword and the Circle as well as The Renegades of Pern. I want to read something Arsene Lupin, but nowhere in town has a single Leblanc book it seems...

Posted

I've been reading "The Dragon and The George" By Gordon R. Dickson.

<3

That one was the partial inspiration for one of my favorite animated movies, The Flight of Dragons! The other inspiration was a different book by the same name; oddly enough, one that detailed a "study of Dragon biology", with no story to speak of at all.

Posted

I just read Beowulf for my english class, and it's the best book I've read in a while that I had to read for a class. Now I have to read Grendel though, and it's just a bunch of philosophical babble.

Posted

Right now, I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and it's pretty enjoyable so far, if not extremely long and very detailed.

Posted

"the purifying fire" by laura resnik

Posted

The Hunger Games Series By Suzanne Collins. Just Started It Over For The 8th Time :embarrassed: