Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Animal Rights

71 posts in this topic

Posted

What rights do each of you believe animals have? Do you believe these rights are being fulfilled? Do you take action to bring about limits or expansions on animal rights?

Just Curious.

Personally, I believe no creature should be discriminated against based on species. Women should have the right to abortion. Adults should have the right to drive. Humans should have the right to not suffer. Animals should have the right to not suffer. The rights of anyone should be based on their capabilities concerning those rights! If we do not give rights based on capabilities, terrible things will happen. I am a vegan, and this boycott is my main act of protest against speciesism. I hope I will be useful in the fight against speciesism.

Posted

I support PETA.

People Eating Tasty Animals.

Posted

Eh, I eat meat. What can I say? I don't think it's wrong, nor do I suggest that it's right. It's simply something I do.

I think that slaughter houses are a little rough, but what could I do about it? If I became vegan, another american will consume more then enough to out weigh the efforts of seven vegans and vegetarians. It seems pretty futile to me.

I'm trying to practice the middle way, in all areas of my life. (Key word, trying) Which would be to act in moderation. So yea, I'm trying to cut down on my animal consumption, but not for the sake of animals.

Also, I'd rather we do scientific testing on humans, rather then animals. I think we should use convicts, or people on death row, and continue paying humans as guinea pigs. I mean, at least the criminals deserve that kinda treatment.

Posted

Let's try to keep the thread serious.

Anyways, many societies have believed revolution to be futile, yet our very lives have been changed by action once considered futile. The fight for animal liberation is growing, but regardless, I think it is important to stand up for what you believe in.

I can relate to apathy, but I just can't condone it.

Thanks for the reply.

Posted

Man, if you can't put up with a little joke, then you really shouldn't be here. We are a light-hearted community and we like to be cheerful. And anyway, Skippy said what he believes.

Posted

Women should be allowed to abortion? What about men? =( That's discrimination.

I don't believe animals should have rights. They've never even asked for them, people just kinda handed them to them. And the animals had no idea. And still don't.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't believe animals should be mistreated. But they don't have rights.

Posted

@Lionheart: Seriously? Waiting for an animal to come up and demand rights? lol.

No, they're too stupid. But they can feel pain, and many animals have shown to have very human like emotions and personalities. Don't get me wrong, I love my meat, but animals should be euthanized humanely instead of being slaughtered. In other words, we should be able to take from them what we need, but also not cause unnecessary suffering.

And PETA are the best, they're definitely moving in the right direction. Not.

Posted

sup guys

Posted

Whaaaat, you don't even have the Last.fm link. This is just silly |:

Posted

ohhi

Posted

I was lurking some moar and saw my name and now I am outrage >:(

Posted

Animals have the right to be in my tummy. But seriously I support the animal liberation front. lol we should lke give some cows and goats guns and have them wage war with humans. have them fight for their freedom.

Posted

So you care more about cows than human babies?

Just for that, tomorrow, I dine on veal.

:horsewhack:

Posted

Heh I actually like that. SiIves.

As the L can turn out as the shape of a I.

Anyhow, stop making clone accounts, you have been reported I amuse by Teto him self.

So I'm gonna close your SiIves account.

Adr990

Posted

Way to assume, Adr. That wasn't me.

If it was me I would have, with my OCD riddled brain, added the Last.fm link ;/