Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Oh, Hey God

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, Sahaqiel, there are records of other people surviving being swallowed by whales. And yes, some whales (not all) have large enough stomachs to fit a human in.

Posted

For three days?

Posted

I would like to see these records. Links please~

Posted

One story that's rather famous is James Bartley. He lost all his hair, became blind, and had an unusual skin color for the rest of his life. But he survived. It wasn't three days though, I think only about a night.

Still, you have to take into effect God's ability to manipulate nature. There have been many instances in the Bible that are simply impossible to explain without divine intervention. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into a furnace and came out unscathed.

If you're wanting a response better than "God willed it to happen" then I don't really have one, and we'll probably never get one. But I was just correcting Saha, as it is possible for a man to survive inside of a whale.

Also, note that many people say that James Bartley was made up. And we all believe everything we hear.

Scientifically speaking, the sperm whale has a very small esophagus. Probably too small to fit a man, in most instances. Though, they have been known to swallow whole sharks and dolphins, so I don't see why a man would be any different. The stomach is large enough for a small man to fit in. It's theoretically possible.

Posted

Arguably, whales have been called fish for some time. Some versions of the Bible also call it the Leviathan, a sea creature described in the Book of Job.

Speaking of which, we should create a thread around pheonix's theory and try to get it acknowledged by scientists. I think he is on to somthing.

Posted

He is.

Posted

But yeah, come on, guys. don't hate on desu. Its only natural for us to believe things when they make sense.

~

My point it, don't make fun of Desu. He's allowed to believe what he wants, because it makes way more sense than science.

Do you realise I am Desu and for that reason everyone is going to completely disregard your post.

Posted

Do you realise I am Desu

He did.

Posted

Guys, Desu is making way more sense than the rest of you is what I'm saying, just like me and my infinipus against you and your stupid gravity.