Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Or you could be cool like the rest of us and devote all your time to just one thing (art), and things that you do to take your mind off art so you don't wear yourself out

Posted

I mean, I'm not an art major. I spend a lot of my time doing electrical engineering homework and studying and whatnot. Then there's polisci and psychology, which are the non-major classes I have to take, and mechanical physics, which I'm really good at. Math...I hate my advisers for making me take Calculus 1 again. That class is boring. But beyond the usual homework, most of what I do is art, and I do it to get my mind off school.

Posted

Always art. Nothing that is not art. If you're not constantly thinking about art then you're not going to get better at art.

Posted

Sounds fun, CC. Just don't burn yourself out; undergraduate degrees in engineering are designed to weed out the slackers. Then again, my sister was able to pursue some artistic stuff on the side, like set design for an opera and painting.

By the way, if you're into music have you considered audio engineering? It's a newer field offered at some universities, and some music course credits can go towards a degree in that.

Posted

I considered audio engineering, but I'm pretty happy with electrical engineering. I can definitely see how it's meant to weed people out, since the class average for my Intro to Engineering class exam was a 60 (I got a 70). But it's fun, and I think it'll be totally worth it in the end.

Posted

Won't you hit get like a creative block or get burnt out on it? That happens to me if I focus too much on a project.

I burn out after a project is finished, if that's what you mean. As in, if I have two projects back to back. But then, I've never tackled something as big as a comic book. I think after I wrote the story and laid out how I wanted each chapter to generally go, I'd just take it one chapter at a time.

I feel pretentious when I say I don't have much problem with things like creative block, but I haven't, really. I usually figure out what I'm going to do, and I'm told my work is "always entertaining." One of the heads of the art department told me that. I'm still deciphering if it was a compliment or not. I can do composition fine, what worries me is my technical ability. Which is what I've really been focusing on studying for a while now. Still though, doesn't compare to combining narrative and visuals.

If I were tackling a project as big as that, I'd be sure to review with my peers what I thought of everything I was doing, and what they thought of it. HINT HINT.

Posted

LL and I do that a lot. Peer review, I mean.... But it'd be cool if.... someone else would want to do that with.... me.

Posted

"Mahmound Awad is an Arabic electropop artist from the future who has come to destroy the senses and ensnare the souls of those not worthy of his greatness. He came from planet Zordon where the Islam religion has reigned supreme for over 9000 millenniums. He brought with him the sounds of his native planet, both in nudity and aurality. Perhaps we will someday find out how this artist was able to send his album back in time."

18 MINUTES

Posted

I saw this on your tumblr and my ears vomited.

Posted

So I the item that LL sent me...I am in love :'D

I'll post a picture in a few minutes.

It's like he read my FREAKING MIND.

Posted

It was a lucario and we all know it

Posted

D: