Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like if I was less of a responsible/goody two-shoes/straight-laced kind of person I would enjoy trying some of this stuff at least once. Probably for the best that I'm too shy to actually have the connections to get some, since I have a bit of an addictive personality.

I still would really like to have the experience of trying LSD/Acid/Shrooms at least once in my life though :/

Posted

Sister got me an ocarina from... uh... Tenerife? Is that a place?

Might as well learn to play some songs on it

Posted

Everything's been boring lately. I haven't been on an internet forum in like 2 or 3 weeks. o:

Posted

Everything's been boring lately. I haven't been on an internet forum in like 2 or 3 weeks. o:

Yeah, tell me 'bout it.

Bored out of my mind, and to top it off, can't get any sleep.

149.gif

Posted

Yeah, tell me 'bout it.

Bored out of my mind, and to top it off, can't get any sleep.

149.gif

If you're ever bored and wanna talk, I'm on Steam or Facebook or Skype when I'm not working. I like talking to different people but I run out of things to talk about though :I

Posted

If you're ever bored and wanna talk, I'm on Steam or Facebook or Skype when I'm not working. I like talking to different people but I run out of things to talk about though :I

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind.

Not that terribly talkative myself, except about things that really interest me, in which case I could be talking for hours. Anyway yeah.

Posted (edited)

So, it's time for Tales From Housekeeping!

So, as I've mentioned, I am employed as a room attendant at one of the nicer hotels in the area. What that basically means is that I clean the suites and also address and take care of any problems in the room, run room service, etc.... Basically, I'm a maid. Anywho, despite it being a nicer facility, we still run into utterly bizarre things while doing our jobs.

Take yesterday for example. My coworker Kata and I were on cleaning duty and making our rounds through the rooms. Same old, same old. Surprisingly no used condoms. Anywho, we stop into one room that some guests had just checked out of. The beds were a mess, there was some shit caked onto the wall that wasn't there before, and a pile of pizza boxes just sitting on top of the rubbish bin (at least they weren't on the floor). But none of this was really bizarre.

We were, however, questioning what the actual puppy was going on when we went into the bathroom and saw the sink literally filled to the brim with razorblades. Apparently, they thought it'd be funny to torment the maids.

Obviously, we couldn't just reach in and grab them. We'd cut our hands up, seeing as the latex gloves dont offer much protection. And the stupid things would just slip through our tongs. So then the supervisor comes up to see what the hell is taking so long, and is equally as confused and dumbfounded as we were. Eventually, the situation was resolved, but not as easily as you'd think. Because of the potential "risk of there being contagions" on the blades, they had to call in some other people to  remove the razors, temporarily quarantine the room, and disinfect the whole damn thing until it reeked of bleach.  

Fun day. Just something weird I thought I'd share.

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)

Posted

That sounds artistic.

Is Kata's middle name Mary? Ha a a a a a a

Posted

Well, one of my dogs passed away. I'm going to be in agony for awhile. :(

Posted

Were you close?

Posted

Yeah...

Posted (edited)

So my workplace, Molex, recently instituted a new policy. Previously, we were asked if we'd like to volunteer to work on the weekend.  I'd gone literally months on just weekdays alone, as I saw weekends as my only "me" time- 3rd shift, I go to sleep when everyone else is getting around and never have time for friends.

Well, I guess this is the rush time, as the fiscal year ends in July, so we've got to get out as many orders as possible. So now we work every other weekend, which isn't really so bad, because Friday night is 1.5x pay and Saturday is 2x pay, or $17 an hour. A little under $130 for one night's work. Not bad at all, gives me a $410 check at the end of the next week. 

The problem is the way they're doing our days we take off. See, as a temp I have no vacation days, but I have 2 personal days and 8 "occurrences" (missed days) available. I've already taken my personal days, back in December when I got really sick. I have 0 occurrences, which is pretty good, for 8 months working (been there for nine, but that one thing happened and I missed a month). The problem here is that we aren't able to use personal days or vacation days on the weekend. So if you have 2 weeks vacation, which you get after being an employee for a year, you'd have to line it up to where you finish working a weekend, take a vacation through your off weekend, and come back to work that next weekend.

I can understand that they need production, but having to take an occ. to miss a weekend that is now mandatory is dumb. It isn't going to affect me pretty much at all, but almost everyone I work with is a not a little mad about it, and I wanted to tell you all because it's noon and I have literally nothing better to do :<

Also, an example of Molex ingenuity

P.S. Jared man that blows hard.

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)

Posted

isn't it great how i set aside yesterday and the day before to be able to just get all the lack of videogames out of my system by doing nothing on those days all day, and here I am today all ready to do stuff and it's nearly 4 and I haven't done any art because lo and behold I'm sick GOD DAMMIT

Lying down: Hey this is okay I'm doing fine maybe I'm better now

Sitting up: NOPE NOT BETTER YET

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

You know when like you know right that feeling when uh you're

awesome

and all that shiznatch

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I just slept away like all of today, I hate that so much