Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been working as a janitor for this semester, but I recently got hired as a barista in a local coffee shop. I'll probably keep both jobs during the Summer, since I'll barely be working full time between the two, but next semester I'll probably take on the barista job exclusively.

I've also been considering applying for a youth directing Lubbock after I graduate, but that's a strange matter. If I don't, I'll intern at a church for a year, including my last semester of class, and then go to seminary. But the youth directing jobs pay $40,000 a year and provide a house, so it would be a good way to save up for seminary. I don't know, it's a weird thing, but a real possibility.

Posted

bagboy/cashier duty?

Yes. And sorry, I forgot to come back here.

Posted

does anyone here use tegaki messenger? It's an instant messenger program that lets you send hand written and drawn notes. It's pretty fun but i only have 3 contacts on it. People should totes check it out.

http://tmsg.pipa.jp/

my contact number is 784-5729-7194 so add me please!

Posted

so its like the spotnotes or whatever on the 3ds?

Posted

yeah basically

Posted

So I got the position at this summer program called Breadloaf. I write with little kids pretty much. I'm a writing leader, so I lead them. And I'm super excited!

I also get paid for the three weeks the program goes on. :)

Posted

Oh, neat. My school that I used to go to had a Bread Loaf program. Yeah, up in Andover

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

So I applied for a 3 month long volunteer opportunity with this Scottish volunteer organisation today on a whim. As such I will be spending the next week or so staring at my email for a response. I feel pretty hopeful though! If they accept me for an interview I'll basically talk about myself and my skills and interests and what I would be interested in doing and they'll then find me available positions. It sounds really exciting and unique. I'm excited to see where it could possibly lead me. Wish me luck!!! 

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Whats the volunteer opportunity? What will you be doing?

Posted

So I applied for a 3 month long volunteer opportunity with this Scottish volunteer organisation today on a whim. As such I will be spending the next week or so staring at my email for a response. I feel pretty hopeful though! If they accept me for an interview I'll basically talk about myself and my skills and interests and what I would be interested in doing and they'll then find me available positions. It sounds really exciting and unique. I'm excited to see where it could possibly lead me. Wish me luck!!! 

Try to learn a little bit about their back story, what they do, what have they done/accomplished.

Most companies/businesses I've applied for have asked me during an interview if I knew anything about the company or it's history. It will show that you are interested enough to take the time to learn about said company or business and may prove to benefit yourself.

Posted

Whats the volunteer opportunity? What will you be doing?

No, the whole deal with this organisation is that I don't know anything yet. I haven't been interviewed. So it could really be doing anything. Fundraisers, working in a charity shop, working at a shelter for various groups, going abroad to do stuff?? etc. It could be anything. That's why I'm really excited and also really nervous if this goes anywhere, lol. So we'll see what happens and where it takes me. o:

And thanks for that tip, Tappy. I'll definitely make sure to do my reading beforehand (o:

Posted

Well, whats the organization? What do they do?

Posted

one of my close friends is gonna do molly this friday and im super mad that i cant do it with her.

Posted

whats molly