16818 posts in this topic

Posted

so kanyes new album leaked. its amazing. like rly, yall should go check it out

Posted

Holy shit yeah

Posted

legitimately?

Posted

Legitimately surprised that he has any fans here.

kanye is pretty widely regarded as one of the modern day greatest hip hop artists mang.

plus, daft punk did the production for like half the album so theres some crossover appeal i guess 

Posted

My most fondly remembered Kanye West related thing is Nicki Minaj's verse in Monster.

Posted

Honestly, a big part of why I don't really seek out music by Kanye West is how his songs tend to be so self centered. Monster, for example. Oh boy, another song about how great you are? Can't wait! It gets old.

Posted

My most fondly remembered Kanye West related thing is Nicki Minaj's verse in Monster.

that verse made me see nicki in a whole new light. srsly, she stole the show on that track

Honestly, a big part of why I don't really seek out music by Kanye West is how his songs tend to be so self centered. Monster, for example. Oh boy, another song about how great you are? Can't wait! It gets old.

i think you're kind of missing the point of that song and the album its off, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". as wikipedia put it: "The album deals with themes of excess and celebrity, with transparent lyrics expressing emotional extremes, ego, uncertainty, and references to drinking and drug use. Its subject matter also explores consumer culture, race, and the idealism of the American Dream.". when you take one track, like monster, out of the context of the narrative of that album, its lyrical impact is far less cohesive.

also, if you think that kanyes lyrics are always about him, check this track out. its off the same album as monster

Posted

i think you're kind of missing the point of that song and the album its off, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". as wikipedia put it: "The album deals with themes of excess and celebrity, with transparent lyrics expressing emotional extremes, ego, uncertainty, and references to drinking and drug use. Its subject matter also explores consumer culture, race, and the idealism of the American Dream.". when you take one track, like monster, out of the context of the narrative of that album, its lyrical impact is far less cohesive.

Hey you know what song is the greatest ever written and covers those same themes???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUbTW928sMU

BAM

Posted

The worst part is that he looks a bit like you, shrubs, but bigger

Posted

wow i thought that was a parody at first

but no

Posted

Bronies.

Posted

Hey you know what song is the greatest ever written and covers those same themes???

BAM

is this the only song you have by them

be honest

because if so I'm beating you