Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

man get back here

Posted

hes just getting a snack from the fridge, gosh.

Posted

What's the deal with that? Did he leave or something?

Posted

He says he left, year, but it's not uncommon for members who have been around for a while to leave and come back after a few months/years. So yeah, he "left," but I think he'll be back one day.

Posted

It's true, older members leave and come back fairly frequently. Sometimes it's because they get frustrated with something here, but more often it's simply that life gets busier and they start giving more attention to things like jobs, significant others, school, and things of the sort. It's really quite easy to fall away, for as great as this community is.

Posted (edited)

I've had a few significant absences, months or years, but I come back. Miss you guys too much, heh

Also, Pheo, here's something I think you'll enjoy and appreciate

http://vimeo.com/70748579

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I definitely do appreciate that yeah, thanks for sharing it. Typographers definitely flew under the radar even when they were still being employed back before designers just opened up whatever font they wanted to use in illustrator, and it takes a whole lot of skill. It's a very, very precise art that, much like other industrial arts, if done perfectly, no one will ever notice. Even with the paintings he's doing here, nobody would look at those paintings and appreciate every single individually placed pixel, they'd look at the whole. Even now when they tell us he does every pixel like that, it's still hard for us to wrap our heads around. I'm saying this after having finished a piece that was essentially this but with paint on wood. It's difficult for anyone to understand the kind of work this stuff takes, and when it was finished a lot of people though it was only a print until they got up close. But yeah it's pretty great what he does and what he did for a living and stuff is what I'm saying.

Posted

So my brother's best friend has been slowly changing his steam profile for a while now, with each change inducing more cringe than the last

The latest was changing the name to say "Blood Diamond"

f7iEcAi.jpg?2

Posted

Wow.

We can sit and talk about how great or how awful the show is all we want but that doesn't change the fact that there are some downright creepy fans of the show.

Posted

I want to go on the record to say that these people disgust me.

Posted

I want to go on the record to say that these people disgust me.

Agreed.

Posted

Is it bad I really wanted to see where he was going with that?

I don't think we even remotely reached his question.

Posted

I do too, man, the anticipation is killing me. I feel so, so awful for the voice actresses of the show who get stuck in the spotlight like that. I seriously want to meet them and just listen to what they honestly, honestly have to say about bronies. I can't imagine how much lovemail they receive from the most obsessive bronies. Or hatemail or et cetera. Wow.

Posted

I know at least one of the VA accepts and somewhat encourages the bronies. I forget her name. She's the blonde.

Posted

Yeah. I mean, at the same time, they definitely get a whole lot of love and support, the actresses from the fans and the fans from the show. And I'm sure they get just as many letters from their fans thanking them for the show. And you hear lots of brony stories talking about how the show changed their lives and made them better people etc, so.