Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Family Fights Suck

50 posts in this topic

Posted

My dad and I just got outta another fight. I'm so glad I took my glasses off. If I'd left them on, they'd totally be broken now. Anyways, my face and back hurt now, and I expect bruises on my back in the morning. I'm just glad my mom is on vacation. My dad is the "voice of reason" so my mom would've only made things worse. Our fight was over my appearance.

Whatever. I just felt like mentioning it. Flame me for complaining if you want. I know things could be worse. Life is life.

Posted

That sucks. Take Grandmaster Phoenix's advice.

Posted

Call the police.

Posted

You should never get hit by a parent.

The fights in my house are with my parents or me and my brother.

Posted

Wait, you argued with your dad and it lead to blows?

What kind of coward hits his own kid. Sure when I was younger my old man and I fought, but as bad as our blow-ups got he never laid a finger on me.

My dad lives in Massachusetts now and I don't get to see him much anymore, but when I do we make a day of it, we get a beer or take in a sox game.

If your dad wants to have any kind of relationship with you after you move out he'd better knock that shit off, take it from me I know what bad blood can do to a family.

My older sister Melissa and my mother had a big to do four years ago and haven't spoken since.

Posted

Call the police. What he did was abuse, and it's illegal.

Posted

Hit back.

That sucks. Take Grandmaster Phoenix's advice.

Terrible advice.

Yeah, call the police.

Posted

Eh, I've dealt with it for nearly 18 years. I'll survive the next few months. Thanks for the concern though.

PS- I have hit back when I was younger. I went to court for it.

Posted

Using violence against violence only leads to more violence. Yeah... Or a court date.

Also what makes you think it will stop when your 18? It won't.

Unless you break all ties with him (which would mean your mom too) and move far away and hope he doesn't find you. Does that sound like fun?

You better not think this is a good idea, seriously.

You need to call the police.

Posted

Yup, call the police

Posted

Eh, I've dealt with it for nearly 18 years. I'll survive the next few months. Thanks for the concern though.

PS- I have hit back when I was younger. I went to court for it.

If he hits you first, you can LEGALLY do whatever it takes to stop your attacker. You might go to court, but as long as he hit first, its self defense.

Posted

No, GMP, I can't. I've been to court. There is a level of corporal punishment that parents are allowed to do to their children. Although the lines aren't clear, it's basically okay so long as my life isn't in danger or I'm not hospitalized because of it. My mortal life has never been in danger. I get beaten, but not to where I could lose my life. I am powerless.

Also, I can't really call the police. They've been to my house before. I've been arrested. It was for a situation just like this. Not really in the mood to go back.

Keep in mind that this isn't a weekly thing. It happens only every 3-6 months.

Posted

Also, I can't really call the police. They've been to my house before. I've been arrested. It was for a situation just like this. Not really in the mood to go back.

You were arrested for being beaten by your dad?

Posted

No, GMP, I can't. I've been to court. There is a level of corporal punishment that parents are allowed to do to their children. Although the lines aren't clear, it's basically okay so long as my life isn't in danger or I'm not hospitalized because of it. My mortal life has never been in danger. I get beaten, but not to where I could lose my life. I am powerless.

Keep in mind that this isn't a weekly thing. It happens only every 3-6 months.

Well, wether you get in trouble or not, you cant just curl up an hide if someone hits you. You are gonna be in pain either way. If you want to stop being beaten every 3-6 months, fight back. If you win, he will stop.