Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Personally, I'm looking forward to December 21st, 2012.

I want to see how people react. I bet a whole lot of people are going to be hiding in their basements.

I just hope someone doesn't do anything stupid, like starts riots in suburbialand.

Also, when I saw the advertisement for the 2012 movie, I just sort of facepalmed, closed my eyes, opened them again, and was disappointed that the ad wasn't a hallucination.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I had to explain 2012 to my sister when the movie trailer came on in theaters. She is like, 33. I'm kinda sad that she doesn't know this kind of stuff, but also glad that she isn't buying into this kind of stuff.

Posted

I want to see how people react.

my guess is suicide rates will increase quite a bit.

Posted

Hmmm.

Option one: Kill myself

Option two: Ride out the end of the world

Which will give you better bragging rights in heaven?

Posted

Killing yourself is boring.

Whatever happens in the end of the world will probably be a better story at the Afterlife Dance Party.

Posted

My thoughts exactly.

Posted

I think its fake. I mean...its a calendar. A CALENDAR.

The Mayans wern't as technologically advanced as we are now, and I can't believe people believe it. All the believers are idiots.

Posted

The Mayans were p. pro though. Many Central American tribes were p. pro.

Posted (edited)

I think its fake. I mean...its a calendar. A CALENDAR.

The Mayans wern't as technologically advanced as we are now, and I can't believe people believe it. All the believers are idiots.

Play Resident Evil 5... If those Tribe-people had the ability to harness the sun using giant magnifying glasses to use as a ray, in which, even the thinnest beam could kill someone...

I don't think the Mayans were far off on the badassery scale.

EDIT: They even had PDAs before we did...

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

Mayans predicted astronomical phenomenon that is occurring in present time. It's not that they couldn't predict the end of the world, that question is "is that actually what they predicted, or are we misinterpreting it?"

Edit- Jared, they were far more techy then you could ever imagine.

Posted

Yes I think 2012 is going to happen. Do I think the world will end? No.

Posted

Yeah the Mayans were incredibly smart.

Posted

I'm agreeing with Rainbowqiel on this one.

I just 2012 to come and see how people react if nothing happens. :>

Posted

It'll likely just be a normal day for me... If anything, I'll likely hide myself away so I DON'T have to see how people react... ._.

God, what if some idiot decides to cut the internet lines? SDFJSJKSD That would be The End of the World for me, Christ.

Posted

I'm not sure I want to commit to a specific prediction because I don't like being wrong. Especially if I'm wrong about my own death.

If I had to predict the most probable scenario I would say that there would be no obvious natural disaster, but the date would get so much attention it would cause mass hysteria. There will likely be allot of suicides throughout the year as well as mass crime and who knows what else the day of. It might as well be an appocolypse.

However like I said, I don't like being a sorry victim of Murphy's law AND kicking the bucket at the same time. So on December 21st 2012 I will be saying goodbye to my loved ones and possibly hiding in my basement...just in case...I would rather be wrong and be alive than be wrong and be dead.