Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aonuma confirms Master Timeline again, Places Skyward Sword before Ocarina of Time

202 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok well as I said I know nothing of LA for I have no way to play it. Well I do have one way so I may play it sometime.

Well there's no way it's just a random Link. It has to be one of the continuing Link's. I mean I don't think they'd just make one Link for a game that's just a dream. Maybe it's a Link that hasn't even been made yet. I don't know that's truly a stupid thought.

Posted

It's not stupid... It could be one of the pre-existing Links, or it could be a totally different one. So he might not be known to us yet, really.

One thing's for certain, he must've met Zelda and defeated Ganon.

Posted

Well it couldn't be Zelda I or Zelda II Link's.

ALttP is a possibility, I haven't beat it nor do I have the attention span from starting it 5 times from a broken system, one time on GBA and going the wrong way, and one time from a rom that I couldn't play because it's difficult on a keyboard.

It couldn't be OoT/MM Link. He was in a forrest when we last saw him. Unless the Gerudo Pirates were nice enough to give Link a boat to sail in the Great Bay with even though he stole their eggs.

The chances of it being FSA Link is very slim.

OoS/OoA never met Zelda nor fought Ganon so that's way off.

WW/PH we went over.

It's 99% unlikely for it to be TP Link.

It's not ST Link for sure.

I think I named all the Zelda games so it must be a Link we haven't seen yet.

Posted

I CONSIDERED it being ST Link, but I didn't have much to work from... I used to think it was LTTP Link, actually.

Um, and OoS/OoA Link HAS indeed met Zelda (been kissed by her) AND defeated Ganon, along with Twinrova.

EDIT: Well, we don't know about Zelda I or II's Link... Or even if the same. I used to think they were, but I have doubts. The Zelda in AoL was infact asleep for a LOOOOOOOONG time, man. Which leads me to believe it's a different Link... But it's clearly the same Hyrule, the map shows where Link's starting point in LoZ. But then maybe they're just different Links? Bah, who knows? Let's say it's Zelda's Twin Sister.

Posted

Really? I've played OoS and played some of OoA, but I didn't see Zelda or Ganon.

Posted

Y'see, in order to get the Ganon Ending... You actually had to beat both games and link with a link cable or password I believe...

That would allow you to enter "The Room of Rites" or something, face Twinrova, Face Ganon... Then get a kiss from Zelda. What, did you think they just drew art for her with the Oracle series for fun?

Posted

Ok well I didn't know that. Also I've never seen Zelda art for the Oracle games.

Posted

YLA, as for the whole dreams concept. You gotta realize that stories, especially games, are much more about the journey and less about the destination. Sure, it can be a little disappointing at the end, but it's still an amazing quest. LA is one of the best LoZs and didn't the Wind Fish thing appear at the end of the game, after Link woke up? Oh right, that's because Link wasn't dreaming, the Wind Fish was. That was a cool twist.

Posted

Zelda is confirmed for Skyward Sword.
Courage, Wisdom, who are we missing to start off the WHOLE legend, for the first game in the series?
The Power.
Ganondorf.
If almost confirms he will be the main enemy.

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee280/Vegita_/Zelda/zelda4.jpg[/img][quote name='Young Link Addict' date='24 July 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1279991942' post='314804']
Ok well I didn't know that. Also I've never seen Zelda art for the Oracle games.
[/quote]

[img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/13927/340451-link_super.jpg[/img]

Posted

Well thanks for ruining the ending. Now I don't want to play LA.

It is about the journey, but if the journey is boring then you just don't want to play it. Like PH where 3/5 of the game is back tracking, 1/5 is boating which took forever to get from the top right panel to the bottom left panel, and another 1/5 dungeons.

Posted

Haha, sorry. I thought you hated LA because you knew it was a dream.

Posted

No. I didn't hate it because It's a dream. I already knew that, but I wanted to see what happened. I mean just because it's a dream doesn't mean it's bad. I mean as I said Mario 2 good game, but it was a dream. It just I don't feel very accomplished when I play games that turn out to be dreams.

Posted

Really? I felt so accomplished after the end of PH when he found the hourglass and ran to the end of the boat with that awesome music when he sees Linebeck :D

Did anyone read what I said before?

Posted

This was me at the end of PH.

I beat and final boss and said, "I beat him. It was so awkward to do, but I beat him." Then I expected treasure or something on the ghost ship, but then they woke and I thought, "Ok they're waking up. They must've been knocked out. It's ok." Then after some dialogue it said it was a dream and I was pissed. Link never really saw Linebeck at the end though. It was just his boat. It was probably just a coincidence. I mean at the end of the game they basically said it was a dream.

Posted

And he just pooped out the Phantom Hourglass. Yea, makes sense.