Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How Do You Start Off Being an "Official" Couple.. ?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, sure's been a long time since I've ever posted about relationship-esque stuff, eh? xD;

Well, the situation is this: I really, really like this guy. We've hung out a lot and have pretty much gone out on our first date (and what a lovely date it was. :3) The thing is that on the date, nothing extremely relationship-esque happened. I mean there was something there, but it still felt... friendly, you know? Anyways, I have invited him for another outing with me (though this outing will be less romantic than the previous one) and I feel that something should happen soon. Maybe saying the first few words of, 'I really like you' would be good... =s Although it feels like we both know that, but we haven't said it, y'know?

And so, how do two people go about officially announcing themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend? I mean if I can get that first phrase out, wonderful. But do you just ask, 'Do you want to be boyfriend and girlfriend' or what? Is it just mutual and assumed from a visual perspective (eg. someone seeing us holding hands or something. Which we, uh, haven't done yet. XD)

Its a complex business, I tell ya. =P

Posted

I'd ask if you (we) are exclusive or committed, for starters.

Exclusive being that you aren't seeing other people for mainly safety reasons (STDs) but possibly other reasons.

Committed being that you are trying to form a real relationship that will last for some time.

Once you have that outta the way, you'll probably feel more confident as to dubbing your partner "boy/girl friend."

Posted

Well, I want to form a nice long relationship with him if possible. It's just an odd conundrum for me since I've never gone out with someone I'd liked before (or have gotten a response, anyways. xD With this, it seems like we're both on the same page, you know?)

Posted

Be upfront and honest with him. It's what I would appreciate if I were him. Just tell him you like him and wanna be his girl. If you're both liking each other, he's not gonna say no.

Posted

^ This is actually true, we love hearing this kind of thing. Or at least I would.

But yeah. Pretty much what Chase said. I really hope you two can be happy together. Out of all the time I've known you, you've been a very sweet person, and I believe you actually deserve to be happy with someone.

Enjoy yourselves, and don't get tied down in the little things. Be happy. :)

Posted

Kiss him or something, man.

I can't really comment on this because my whole idea of what commitment is and everyone's perception on the internet of who i am committed to versus on the internet is so bizzare that like, I am the shittiest relationship advisor ever. But. Like. Kiss him or something first. See if the sparks are there.

Posted

Well, telling him how you feel is certainly the best place to start. From there...well, it seems being straightforward and asking him if he want a relationship is the best way to go. If he says that he does, just tell him you do too, and everybody ends up happy.

Posted

I'm right with you. i'm in my first real relationship.

Posted

Well, I'd start with like, holding hands.

Walk somewhere together like this to like a party or something.

Clarify to other people that you are a couple first.

idk

Try it. Both you and him will have to sort of live up to this expectation of being a couple.

If it's feeling to friendly, hopefully this will warm it up a bit.

I think kissing straightaway is a bit too fast.

How many relationships have you been in, Eka?

Posted

Like, you should sleep over at each others house or something. Not saying you do anything, but just to be with each other.

Posted

^do this

it will work i promise

Posted

Personally, I've never heard of anyone sleeping over to get their relationship off the ground.

Posted

shhhh, Saha

Posted

XDD Well... we've had movie days: those've been fun. xD I'm pretty sure a sleepover will be a preeeetty awkward. o-e

I too think holding hands is a good first step (and I had it on my mind on our first date, but I just couldn't do it and I don't know why. >.< Its hard to focus on that and then try to respond to conversation anyways. xD) Kissing seems mighty rushed for our situation.

And to answer your question Saha, this would be my first relationship. =3

Well, the outing is tonight. Wish me luck on trying to make something happen, I guess? xD;

Posted

Yeeeuh.

Eka picked miiiine, and I've never even dated.

Screw all y'all.

Also, congrats on the first relationship.