Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I need a refresher on Navi.

23 posts in this topic

Posted

1) Yeah, which is why you can't look at it realistically without assuming it is a dream or hallucination.

2) You're contradicting yourself. You say you can't look at a fictional world as realistic as a defense for looking at a fictional world from a realistic world view, now you're saying we're playing by a fictional world rule.

3) THE SWORD OF TIME? YOU WANT ME TO GO TO THE STL AND PUNCH YOU IN THE DICK?

1) It's abstract, you can do it, it's not logical, but you can.

2)Actually, What I am saying is to look at it as if you existed in the fictional world, operating in it.

3) I recently had my left shoulder reconstructed and am on mass amounts of narcotics, I apologize. Master Sword.

I'm finding it very hard to explain myself.....

Posted

If we're going by realism, we're going by these rules.

1: It is present day, or somewhere near it.

2: Physics operate normally.

3: Magic, gods, guardian deities, etc. do not exist or play a role.

4: Monsters do not exist.

5: People do not still use archaic weaponry.

6: The races of Hyrule do not exist.

Almost everything in the entire world of Hyrule does not apply to "realism" by the rules of the real world. Now, you say we have to operate in the world of Hyrule. Even if we play by the rules of Hyrule, looking at it "realistically" would be looking at it as if fairies, deities, magic, etc. do exist and play a major role. There are fairies in Hyrule, therefore it is realistic that Link could have one. Your arguments are not realistic in either sense. They are theoretical and speculative in nature, but not realistic. They require something to change to be realistic. For instance, "Elephants float in air unsupported." is not realistic. I change the world so elephants float. "Elephants float." would then be realistic, but then, I had to change it to be so, so it's not really realistic.

Which is what I'm saying.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ezlo was an ok companion, I prefer KoRL (<3) and Tatl though :>

Posted

If we're going by realism, we're going by these rules.

1: It is present day, or somewhere near it.

2: Physics operate normally.

3: Magic, gods, guardian deities, etc. do not exist or play a role.

4: Monsters do not exist.

5: People do not still use archaic weaponry.

6: The races of Hyrule do not exist.

Almost everything in the entire world of Hyrule does not apply to "realism" by the rules of the real world. Now, you say we have to operate in the world of Hyrule. Even if we play by the rules of Hyrule, looking at it "realistically" would be looking at it as if fairies, deities, magic, etc. do exist and play a major role. There are fairies in Hyrule, therefore it is realistic that Link could have one. Your arguments are not realistic in either sense. They are theoretical and speculative in nature, but not realistic. They require something to change to be realistic. For instance, "Elephants float in air unsupported." is not realistic. I change the world so elephants float. "Elephants float." would then be realistic, but then, I had to change it to be so, so it's not really realistic.

Which is what I'm saying.

Sahaqiel

I get that. I'm telling you that this wouldn't operate under logic in our world and plane of existence. Nor would it work exactly on the plane of existence in a game. An author doesn't need to make a story realistic to be entertaining. I'm saying, if you take the game, and look at it from a slightly different perspective, that is different from the norm, it could be interesting and entertaining. Not that it is logical or realistic.

So here is my question, how do we know that fairies exist in Hyrule? We only ever see the game from his perspective, so we see that he believes there are fairies, but maybe he is just delusional.

How do we know that magic exists in Hyrule? Maybe link just thinks he can do all that.

What about goddesses and deities? Religion is existent all over the world, not all of them are monotheistic or carry the Christian vision of "God"m it is entirely plausible who have a large population who believe this creation story, For years people thought God's on a giant mountain created the world after taking it over from their parents, who manipulate their lives for their own entertainment.

The thing you have to understand, is that none of this is a stretch, people believe this kind of stuff all the time. People come into mental health clinics believing that we all have fairies following us, including them, and the fairies tell them what to do. People believe they can do magic, or that monsters exist and they need to kill them all. People believe we live in archaic times or use archaic weaponry. It isn't real to you because you are a mentally healthy person. But to them it is very real, and hapening right now.

I can say elephants float in air unsupported. You and I know this is false and unrealistic, But there is someone, somewhere, who is not mentally healthy, who believes it, and in their mind, have seen it happen. Is that person unrealistic? no, that person is delusional.

Did Nintendo intend link to be interpreted as amental patient who is severely delusional and a paranoid schizophrenic who has audible and visual hallucinations? No, probably not. But, someone, somewhere, believes that they are A great Hero in a great adventure they are sure they have been on, or that they are on, and to them, it is very, very real.

Posted

Navi leaves, Tatl stays with Skull Kid and her brother, King of Hyrule drowns, Midna goes back to the Twilight Realm.

Posted

Navi doesn't talk much in Twilight Princess.

Hardly at all, I think.

Posted

Hardly at all, I think.

Posted

Hardly at all, I think.

LAWL so hard!

It's funny 'cause Navi isn't even in TP~

PS- I miss puppy. :<