Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can Re-deads be the ancestors of link or zelda?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Well i just thought of this because me and redlinkrulz were just talking about redeads being ancestors of the temple or link's or zelda's.On WW there were redeads in the earth temple right? Well can they be the people that built the temple and layed a curse on it? To make sure no one tresspasses on there territory? Or another thing, can the redeads be ganondorf's followers in the past? Tell me what you think redeads are. Are they just an enemy or are they the legendary people?

whole thread stolen from TwilightZelda LegendofZelda.com ( http://www.legendofzelda.com/forums/showthread.php?p=272332 )

Felt like bringing it here

Posted

I do not comprehend :S

Posted

Sounds like one big incest joke in the making.

Posted

See, the part about ReDeads being Link and Zelda's, specifically, ancestors, that's kind of stupid.

But considering them historical figures isn't.

Posted

Well, there are some redeads in the royal tomb, but those were placed there as traps to kill grave robbers according to the skeleton in the first room (the one that mentions "lurkers in the dark").

I highly doubt they are anything other than monsters made especially for dark places, really.

Posted

In response to the original thread's question, I think re-dead's are zombies. :D

Or just animated puppets used by people such as Ganondorf to protect places, that are souless and were never alive in the first place. You know, kinda like the one's used by the Skull Kid in TP.

Posted

Like Knuckle said, there are some ReDeads in the Royal Family tomb, and they were placed as traps, but if they are zombies, they might be the bodies of dead Hyrule Castle guards who are guarding the tomb. (as zombies.)

Sorry, run-on-sentence. I'm kind of dead today

Posted

Well, they're definitely figures from before, that's for sure.

I'd like to see a game where you try to get information out of a redead or something. Interact with them more than just as an enemy like you do with things like deku scrubs and moblins every now and then.

Posted

Well, you did get to talk to gibdos in Majora's mask, and they didn't have much to say, other than try to bum items off of you.

Posted

I'd like to see a game where you try to get information out of a redead or something. Interact with them more than just as an enemy like you do with things like deku scrubs and moblins every now and then.

Like Knuckle said, in Majora's Mask, you can talk to Gibdos while wearing a Gibdo mask. However, in MM, Gibdos are just ReDeads preserved as mummies. Burning their cloth off makes them turn into a ReDead, etc.

They weren't all that friendly, but you did gather that they were guarding the rooms and stuff.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I know, and I wouldn't mind taking it a bit farther than that. Some of these things we have to kill are pretty interesting, and I'd like to know more about them. Like Iron Knuckles, and Dark nuts.

Posted

Well, come to think of it, that's pretty much what happened to the zoras, and that worked out pretty well.

Posted

Wait, did zoras used to be enemies?

Posted

Yeah, river zoras used to just be zoras before the Oracle games. They were occasionally friendly in Link to the Past, but became allies in Ocarina of Time.

Speaking of the Oracle series, I believe one of Link's partners, Dimitri, is a Dodongo.

Posted (edited)

There were river zoras in the first 4 zelda games, they shot fireballs at you and stuff. I think there were some in the oracle games too.

Edit:Knuckle beat me to it.

Edited by Linkprow (see edit history)