Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Become Immortal, Upload your mind

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, as long as I can choose when to stop, I'd do it. Must be hard to say 'hey, i'm tired of being reborn, i'll die now for good' though.

About the criminal stuff.. Maybe there could be rules and regulations to be able to upload your memories? like, if you commited a crime, you're not allowed to be reborn or so? I don't know.. that's probably too utopic, no?

That's basically a death sentence. Although, if you look at it another way, it'd just be letting what should've happened happen. Disregard this, I thought you meant deleting their entire existence.

I think sticking to major crimes is more fair. It seems a little cruel, though, just letting their mind sit there, not being able to be reborn and all. Ha, imagine that, a computer becoming the new jail of tomorrow.

Posted

Haha, yeah. Each time we're finding more and more analogies.

Yeah, also, maybe major crimes would be needed for not being allowed to reborn. But, if you could be conscious while your mind is in the computer, then they could work as jails indeed.

Another thought came to me. Imagine hackers changing the content of uploaded minds? You could make so much with that. Reminds me of Insception.

Posted

This reminds me of that one Courage the Cowardly Dog episode were the computer possesses the old lady. Only this is reversed. REVERSED!

Posted

In Soviet Russia, your mind uploads computers.

Posted

In Soviet Russia, balls castrate you!

Posted

Why would you connect something as important as human souls to something that can be accessed remotely??

I would imagine they'd have no internet access and would be locked in some kind of vault, maybe with each person being in an individual unit.

The brain does have to have its own electronic language, though. I'd imagine that once we figure that out, there'd be pretty crazy possibilities in the world/field of bioelectric programming.

I wonder what they would call that programming language.

Also, just to please Muffin, since he reminded me with the religious tinkering thing, I am inserting an eye point towards Ghost in the Shell.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Posted

I'm totally picturing a Fallout-esk future where everyone is a computer and you are the only human born in a couple decades. All the other humans are either infertile or already stored in the database. For some reason, everything went batshit crazy and at the end of the game, you have to decide between wiping everyone from the hard drives or uploading yourself.

This could go somewhere.

Anyway, nah I'd rather just die. I mean, sure, keep some of my ideas/revelations to share with everyone. But otherwise, no, I don't want to be consciously around sitting in a computer. Which WOULD happen to me. Because stupid shit like that is my luck.

Posted

We heard you the first time.

Posted

Damn, I hate my internet. It keeps crashing each time I post, and everything appears twice. Sorry about that :cry:

Posted

Why would you connect something as important as human souls to something that can be accessed remotely??

I would imagine they'd have no internet access and would be locked in some kind of vault, maybe with each person being in an individual unit.

Also, just to please Muffin, since he reminded me with the religious tinkering thing, I am inserting an eye point towards Ghost in the Shell.

Sahaqiel

Well, how about just the guys in "prison" be in a place where they can all talk and be together and be like "Man, I shouldn't have been a bad person"

Also, what?

Also, also, all this talk of uploading brains reminds me of The 6th Day. Any of you watch that? It's the movie with AHHHNULLDDD where he gets cloned by mistake and then he yeah. It just reminded me of the movie is all.

Posted

I remember that movie!

Posted

Also, what?

You know exactly what.

Posted

that sure would be a huge technological marvel!

but I wouldn't do it... idk the idea kinda scares me. Being roboticised basically? I kinda don't understand it lol :3

Posted

How does sex work? Thats the question we are all asking, I'm sure.