Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Harvest Moon

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Harvest Moon

Anybody else play Harvest Moon? I think it's great. I just got this one game and they have another 7 coming out this year probably.

Everybody complains about Final Fantasy and the rate at which that stuff is thrown on the market. But I mean at least they actually try I mean god damn holy shit Harvest Moon is the same damn thing over and over. They have re-releases for the same game on the same console with the difference being you play as a girl instead.

I would say they're milking the franchise but that would be too fitting since there are ACTUAL REAL LIFE VIRTUAL COWS READY FOR THE MILKING IN THE ACTUAL GAMES

So Yeah I Was Playing It And It Was Okay I Guess

But nothing I haven't already played

And then they released another game and I got that and I was playing it for 100 hours and then it turned out IT WAS THE SAME GAME ALL ALONG AND I NEVER EVEN NOTICED BECAUSE I AM SO USED TO THE SAME SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN

I mean people don't even rreevviieeww those games anymore, Gametrailers doesn't even take note of their existence they'd just redirect you to any of the hundreds of other games and make up one huge mass review for every future Harvest Moon game because the predictability is just THROUGH THE ROOF IT TORE THE ROOF OFF, PREDICTABLY.

Oh look a new Harvest Moon

It was released 31 years ago man

I didn't know about it

Neither did the company, it kind of just slipped out of their ass when they weren't looking and spilled all over the shelves of 2 game stores that feel like they should stock everything

Wow I mean Harvest Moon is moving into obscurity

I play Harvest Moon ironically

Hey man look at these tomatoes

The irony is UNREAL

Posted

i never even finished the one we have.

i was on the last year.

for some reason my son became a farmer even though he showed interest in archaeology because you can never escape

Posted

I mean, its just such a long game. Crazy right? Harvest moon: A wonderful life, I mean. It's really addicting, though.

Posted

I want the Animal Circus one. Soooo cute <3

Posted

I just took an awful shit

Look at what I found in it

harvest-moon-sunshine-islands_resized.jpg

Posted

MY SON CAN'T ESCAPE THE ETERNAL LIMBO THAT IS FARMING THESE GOD DAMN puppyIN' TOMATOES. puppyIN' PAIN IN THE ASS.

Posted

I have Friends of Mineral Town. Everyone in that village is retarded. Not only do they try to marry off their super-young daughters to me, but they have an aneurism every time I put out golden lumber just to save myself time. I mean, is it really that big a deal that they all have to stomp down to my yard and tell me off every day? So stupid.

Posted

I just took an awful shit

Look at what I found in it

harvest-moon-sunshine-islands_resized.jpg

Totally DLing that on my Acekard 2i

Posted

Everybody complains about Final Fantasy and the rate at which that stuff is thrown on the market. But I mean at least they actually try I mean god damn holy shit Harvest Moon is the same damn thing over and over. They have re-releases for the same game on the same console with the difference being you play as a girl instead.

If you didn't notice lately, XIII and XIV are kind of the most hated Final Fantasies of all time. All time!

Posted

So Harvest Moon is like Sports Games?

The gameplay barely changes. The graphics are the only thing that are different.

Teto, I thank you for making this thread.

Posted

If you didn't notice lately, XIII and XIV are kind of the most hated Final Fantasies of all time. All time!

Yeah XIV is a disaster apparently

I like XIII, but it's so so linear.

But yeah I guess at least they're trying to keep changing the formula. Although they've found some great formulas before that they just decided to ignore for the sake of tradition.

Harvest Moon is okay and tbh I haven't actually played enough to know if it's all the same game in, game out. Some of them seem to have their differences, like Animal Parade and defo Rune Factory.

Also Final Fantasy XIII-2 is being made >:

I wonder what'll be in that. I might get it anyway for the fact that I actually quite like Final Fantasy XIII anyway.

Teto, I thank you for making this thread.

wuhhh

I was making shit up bro

I don't even know what brought it on.

I've only played two Harvest Moon games, A Wonderful Life and DS

Also Final Fantasy Versus XIII might be okay. Basically because it's being made by someone else, kinda. The Kingdom Hearts guys.

Posted

yeah they really arent that bad, apparently there are some improvements made in later games, but most people complain about the same experience.

which is probably because the games are long as puppy

Posted

Runefactoryyyyyyy

was sorta cool

having dungeons and levels and things

Though I never finished HA HA HA

(but I never finish games to begin with so that's sort of bias)

but yeah, the normal harvest moon games get old fast

why do I have 5 of them

:|

Posted

I played Harvest Moon 64 a couple years back. It was pretty fun, but I was only renting it, and didn't find an affordable copy to buy. I tried the SNES one on an emulator, but I forgot to talk to one person in the tutorial, couldn't figure out who I missed, and so was stuck there for no puppying reason. That annoyed me, because I wanted to get to playing the game.

Posted

I AM PLAYING THAT DS GAME NOW

IT IS AS I EXPECTED