Followers 0

Should Cascade Watch Gurren Lagann?

36 posts in this topic

Posted

i think we should just show her viral playing pachinko and leave it at that

actually screw it just watch the show.

ova's come later

Posted

Oh, I remember watching Persepolis last year in Higher English. Sooo good and well-animated :>

Also, Arachne is like, totally right. Series are just too long and demand a lot of time, so I really don't enjoy it much. Films and shorter series are better, I'm not going to be sitting there watching for hours. That's just too much for me.

Yeah the whole "I HATE ANIME RAGEEEEEEEE" thing was a wee bit exaggerated, I just don't have lots of patience. Like, for everything I do so it's not just anime lol.

I kinda agree. Alot of long anime series looses its magic after a while

I usually decide on long series by popularity (popular= more likely to become terrible later on)

But for short series I recomend:

Murder Princess (6 episodes)

Rozen Maiden (2 short seasons:<)

The Familiar of Zero (26 episodes)

Persona: Trinity Soul (I don't know but I know it is short)

Posted

Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi?

Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi.

Posted

Or she could just watch the two movies of Gurren Lagann.

Which are waaaaaaay better than the regular series.

Posted

OVAs do tend to be better quality than regular episodes. Same goes for movies. Only question is whether they're written so newcomers will understand what's going on. I have a friend I know would love the insanity that is End of Evangelion, but it's confusing as is and not seeing the series he'd be deprived of all the character interactions that help explain Shinji's dilemma.

Also, as much as I love that series it's not what I'd recommend as a first anime.

You know what's a cool anime movie you might like, Cascade? Millennium Actress. It's surreal (expect that from any Satoshi Kon film) but very relatable.

Posted

okkkkkkkkkk I've like actually listened to /all of you/ and added everyone's suggestions to my anime-planet list teehee. I will get to watching them asap! (which is like in april... that's when my 'spring break' is lol). You have permission to hunt me down and punch me if I break this :>

And looking at my list it's actually quite pathetic... I have about 60 things on it yet around 50 of them are "want to watch" because I'm lazy as puppykkkkkkkk heehee~!

...don't go stalking my list ;~;