Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8.9 Earthquake hits Tokyo

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Japan's situation in a word: Tornainbow'd

I was gonna study abroad in Japan next summer (not this upcoming one, the one after that)

hopefully my parents will let me go >.> but ill probably spend my free time helping out, if there are still things to help with when i get there....

and people are dicks. knowing history is important. holding it against people who didnt personally have anything to do with that war when you didnt even live through pearl harbor is stupid and hick-ish.

same goes or any incident. its like feuding families: after a few generations, they dont even know how the fight started in the first place, but they hate each other.

Posted

payback? karma? what the dicks

not only is that really messed up that makes me cringe but i am pretty sure that we got our payback when we dropped puppying bombs on them

Posted

Yeah people are dumb. I just...feel so bad. Every time I turn on the news and I see sad Japanese children hugging some parent and crying, I just want to die. Like, my eyes tear up and everything. I just want to hold them and give them a hug and tell them everything is going to be okay in the long run. Hnnng. It really tears me up. ;_;

also Chimetals, same thing with a friend of mine. She wanted to go to Japan/China/South Korea for study abroad this summer but it's looking pretty rough right now.

Posted

No longer content to allow us to wander haplessly into its depths and drown, it has taken to advancing violently onto our shores and plucking us from our cities like screaming fruit. By "us" I mean, of course, the Japanese.

I don't know about you guys, but I've about had it with this ongoing campaign by an "arbitrary" nature to openly attack us every time the goddamn seasons change. If the ocean were a country we would have sanctioned and then immediately bombed it from the face of the earth by now, because we are humanity and we don't know how else to roll. As far as I'm concerned every beach is now a battle front. No body of water is to be trusted. If you take so much as a bath or enjoy a puddle you are a traitor to your kind. This is war! And in this war we have only one weapon: solidarity. These waters expect to divide us (and any world map will tell you they have been successful in this for millenia). But now is the time to come together and help your fellow man. Blood is thicker than water, brothers and sisters. Even if that water is really puppying full of salt.

Blue Laser was right. We need to BLOW UP THE OCEAN

Posted

1299945246941.jpg

What the puppying shit am I reading

Hey, the person who took all these shots didn't censor the names. Want to troll them?

Posted

EDIT: OH Lol nevermind that... ^^;

but yeah I would say no to trolling... they're total dicks but it would be the right thing to do but to leave it you know... maybe that's just me. I won't participate lol.

Posted

Yes. Trolling is acceptable.

Posted

What the puppying shit am I reading

Hey, the person who took all these shots didn't censor the names. Want to troll them?

you just made my day.

guuuuh the engineer in me keeps trying to think of some underwater structure that could be constructed to make the waves crash before they hit japan....but i dont know jack about wave dynamics, and probably never will....heck, i dont know much about waves, period >.>

Posted

I know waves come in sevens... Couldn't you build some kind of under water damn? A giant wall that would be under the water, where dropping the wall down would cause the water to displace downwards and disrupt the wave? Would that work?

Posted

no idea. >.> i dont know anything about wave mechanics, remember?

dont waves crash because the bottom starts to drag on a shallower region while the top moves at full speed?

Posted

Waves are just energy using the water as a medium to travel through. To disperse energy, you need to weaken it over time or let it hit something (like land) until all the energy has been transferred to something else. So about the only thing I can think of is putting a huge network of underwater pillars surrounding everything, but then, did the tsunami stop for buildings?

There's probably not much you can do for things like this.

However, blowing up the ocean makes me think that you could use a counterexplosion big enough to halt the wave from hitting, but lol, that would require nukes probably.

Another thing might be current manipulation to make it rotate and idk, burn itself out, I'm thinking. Like, engineer a structure in a shape that would be able to put a massive amount of drag on the wave to render it harmless.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Or we could just use the Red Orb and dry up all the water on the earth.

But then all the sea pokem-I mean animals would die.

Posted

Buh, team Magma scum!

Team agua por viva, loco.

Posted (edited)

Couldn't you build some kind of under water damn? A giant wall that would be under the water, where dropping the wall down would cause the water to displace downwards and disrupt the wave? Would that work?

Actually, Italy tried/did that to save Venice from flooding completely. Idk if they ever completed it or not, though. I don't think it was the exact same thing, either, but I think it was a similar concept.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112995748

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)