Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

School and School work.

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I know everyone has problems with school. But, today my rant is about school and grades.

I feel school is so hard where I'm at. I'm a sophomore, and there are two weeks left in the term.

I have 2 F's, with a 61 in one class, and 27 in my worst. But strangely, I have a 90 in French.

I am working on the 27, but this is nuts!

We get homework EVERY SINGLE DAY. He never gives us a break, and then blames the class that only FIVE people are passing.

I know it's not the best I can do, but still. It's nuts!

Any rants you guys have about school and schoolwork?

Posted

I'm only just making a C in my art history class, and I want to keep it there, as a C. It's a notoriously boring class though, and often times everyone in my class, which is a class that takes place in a theatre, falls asleep. When an entire auditorium of people is snoring around you, and your professor is literally droning on about greek art, it's difficult to care.

Posted

I dislike RMPS because the questions never make any sense and you have to write like, a page answer for each question. Soooooo boring u_u

French is a lame class to put it simply.

That's all my school rants really. eeeee only 4 more weeks

Posted

Ugh, schoolwork. -_____- *wants to punch if it physically manifested itself somehow*

Sucks about the 27, I hope you get that up. :c If not, I'm sure Summer School isn't terrible: I know a lot of people who've gone and have really improved their grade from it! So don't be too ultimately scared about failing: just do your best and don't push a lot of limits.

Yeah, homework every day is sort of a norm: you'll get used to it.

@pheo: Not gonna lie though, I'm pretty jealous that you have an Art History class. I mean though I wasn't a huge fan of that Unit in Art, what we learned was so little. Since I pretty much suck at drawing, painting and any other form of art media, I'd like to sit through a class of that. xD

@Cascadey (French class): *brofists* French is just kind of :\

For me, my main concern involving Homework is Math because I have a glaring 68 and I'm (over)working myself trying ti get it higher. However I did really well on the last Math Unit test and I understand the homework so far for tonight, so I think I can make it better.

It'll be a miracle if I ever recieve and 80 in Math, but I'm good with maybe just like a 75. This is the last Math class I have to take, and I want to make it worth it. >:

Besides that I've got a pretty slack semester (History is a lot of notes but rarely any homework) because Photography we don't do much (can anyone believe that we've only taken one set of pictures with a shoebox camera thus far since the beginning of the semester? I'm losing my marbles. Luckily we're going to be taking some shots next week with those awesome old-fashioned cameras: the ones where you open the back entirely and the film's there. And they have that big ol' strap so you can hang it on yourself: I feel like some old movie journalist with those cameras. xD) Media Studies is my last class and we don't do much either. I'm baffled there's even an exam for it. =o

So I'm good for now, but I'm just working to bring Math up. If anything, I'm really disliking schoolwork because I need to finish a ton tonight in order to finish my Anime North AMV in time! >:c

Posted

my teachers are out to get me

life is hard

Posted

A/B Student. I don't do homework at home, aside from essays an other long term written assignments.

Posted

We get homework EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You have it sooo bad, Jared.

Posted

How do you make an F?

Let alone two Fs. You can't be trying in those classes. Especially if you do the homework "EVERY SINGLE DAY."

Posted

How do you make an F?

Let alone two Fs. You can't be trying in those classes. Especially if you do the homework "EVERY SINGLE DAY."

This is shocking, but I actually agree with Clark on something. Unless you have serious fail/asshole teachers, like my history teacher for the 1st semester of freshman year who changes your grades because you called out his bullshitting the class with political opinions(If there was a way to see, my history grade jumped from a D- to an A after the semester changed, and I got a new teacher. Coincidence? I think not.) , then there is no excuse for an F.

Posted

I have no right to complain, but lol. This is the first semester where (so far) I'm not getting straight A's. Like in my entire life. It's very odd to me and really frustrating.

Posted

In my life I have had 2 A's (Maths and Chemistry)

And those are this year

Because you only get graded by A, B, C, D and N/A when you get to the 5th and 6th year courses in High School. And I'm in 6th year.

But idk we all have different schooling so I have no idea if I'd be doing the same over there or not.

What kind of tests do you guys get

I want to seeee

Posted

Tests are mainly multiple choice, but in advanced classes they are short answer or essay.

Posted

lol Teto it is like 90% for an A over in Americaland for some bizarre reason. Hooray for 70% A's! :>>>>

also Eka ikr? Why is like, every language class sooooo utterly boring yet the language themselves so pretty :<

Posted

Multiple choice? Well now I feel better about my not as good grades :3

Multiple choice is the easy bit.

I hate Biology exams most of all.

example: http://www.sqa.org.uk/files/nq/c00712_sqp.pdf

20 multiple choice, a load of general knowledge short answers, long describe/explain questions and then usually one or two problem solving questions, some graph questions (they're okay), and then two essays.

Well it isn't really all that bad but doing them is just depressing, since the question paper is like 28 pages long and makes me want to kill myself when I feel like it should be done soon and then I check to see how much is left and I'm only like halfway or something >:

Posted

^ Yeah that's exactly how I felt during the Biology exam last year :< Made even more depressing by forgetting a calculator and having to do the mathy questions in my head :<<<<<<

Don't forget your calculator!!! Otherwise you might just get a D like me :<