Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Important Question: 3DS or iPhone?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

For the past few months, I have planned on getting a 3DS. I have £110 (I need £60 more in order to get one).

My dad is convinced I will need glasses if I get one (a ridiculous notion, I know, but that isn't the point). He also says I need a phone.

So, he said if I give him the £110 I have now, he'll buy me a brand-new iPhone 4.

So what do I do? I'm a bit torn. Help would be much appreciated. ^_^

Posted

Get the phone. 3DS has nothing right now.

Posted

get the phone, but skip the iPhone, go for something with an android OS.

Posted

HTC Inspire 4G. Get it.

Posted

get the phone, but skip the iPhone, go for something with an android OS.

You can't DO anything with the iPhone, it just looks fancy. It can't perform really anymore than one task at once.

On Android, you start a task, exit it halfway through, or switch to another one halfway through. Oh no! Wait. Go back and it's still open the way it was, just like how it would be if you minimized a window or opened a new one on a computer. I've never seen an i-anything that can do that, unless the new iPhones are somehow vastly different.

Also, Android has Flash compatability, and iPhone doesn't. If you are getting a phone for the internet browsing experience, get the one that will have the richest capabilities.

To draw you in, iPhone will tout it's large App Store, but the Android Market is just as good. I have (better) applications for the note-taking program I use at school, a full set of mini-office programs (like Microsoft or Open Office) that /actually/ save in the correct formats, a nicer-looking Pandora Radio, Angry Birds (just like iPhone), and a cleaner looking calendar/planner app than I've seen in the App Store (I have an iPod Touch, so I have been in there many times), all for FREE. I've been through most stores and see many of the offerings the App Store has in the Market, but not the other way around.

Finally, Android will let you do a lot of things you'd need to jailbreak your iPhone to do. I haven't tested them, but in the Android Market there are emulators for GBA, Super Nintendo, etc. You can just download roms from the internet, it's cool, Android gives no shits. Android also lets you download music from wherever (even pirated stuff). I'd have to jailbreak my iPhone (which I've done to my iPod, it's a pain in the ass) to do all of that.

Get phones with Android OS, it is really worth it.

Posted

Kimmy, iPhone can "multi-task." I have the iPhone 4 and it does exactly what you just described. Also, I believe all iPhones can update to this software.

But yeah get an Android. It's a lot cooler. I love my iPhone because it goes well and functions well with my Macbook and I have all my music and texts on it, but it /is/ limiting. Well, then again, I don't have many apps. I choose music over apps. :3 But I wish it was more customizable. It's just very rigid. I feel like I could do more with my old Samsung slider phone.

Posted

Can it? Good, my mistake then. Does it do Flash yet? That always pissed me off.

Posted

Better question

Beedy or Seedy

Posted

3DS is launched

oh snap

im getting it in the mail soon

Posted

eeeeeee

tell us all about it!

everybody who gets one should tell us everything even if it's repeating everything everyone else has said

Posted

The 3DS is really neat, though there aren't too many worthwhile games yet. So if it's a problem of now or later, I'd get the 3DS later.

Except it is really neat.

Posted

Can it? Good, my mistake then. Does it do Flash yet? That always pissed me off.

Apple and Adobe don't get along, so no, and I wouldn't expect it.

Posted

iPhones are cool, but there are a lot of other great smartphones out there that do pretty much everything they can for cheaper. The Samsung Galaxy is really neat, and the new Motorola Atrix looks pretty droolworthy. Heck, if you find a slightly more lightweight phone that does everything you want, you could put the extra money toward getting the 3Ds, so you get both.

Posted

This is my honest opinion here.

Cell phones, or rather smart phones, are kind of a waste of money. That may sound rather hypocritical because I own an iPhone, and it kind of is. But I don't own the iPhone because it's a smartphone. I own it because it's also an Apple MP3 player and works with iTunes, which I've used all my life. And it's a phone. So, it's both an iPod Touch (which I feel is worth owning) and a phone. That's the only reason I even own a smartphone. If I didn't have this big iTunes music collection, I would get a generic, cheap, texting/calling/camera phone. And buy the 3DS. That's what I would do in your situation, if I could go back in time before I owned both my iPhone and my 3DS. I don't NEED the iPhone, but the 3DS provides me with much more enjoyment overall, and I barely own any games for it.