Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Westboro Heading to Joplin, MO

18 posts in this topic

Posted

This is just a couple hours from me, they're coming to protest the president's visit and kick the town while they are down.

220x165.jpg

Joplin, MO) -- The controversial Westboro Baptist Church is planning to protest President Obama's visit to Joplin, Missouri Sunday.

On its website, the church writes, "Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin."

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=461407

Posted

they love misery. and attention.

really, the only impressive thing about them is the fact their protests havent been made illegal yet or something. and the fact that theyre still running. >.<

Posted

Well, while states like mine have imposed some sanctions when it comes to funeral protesting, making them outright illegal is unconstitutional. There have been some instances of the citizenry standing up and doing things, but the government can't really do anything about it other than tell them where to stand.

Posted

I feel like their protest is breaching something legal.

This is a complete insult to the people who died. It's so shameless of them that I can't even get angry. I don't even pity them. They're...I don't know.

Let's protest their protest :D

Posted

Responding to hate with hate does absolutely nothing but spread hate.

Why would anyone want that.

Posted

I'm just really bitter. It's not even that they're protesting anymore. It's the fact that they're almost happy people died.

It's also much better than my initial idea of throwing their children in blenders and saying that's their punishment. Not that I could EVER do that to a child because the child is a child and, therefor, should not be condemned for their parents' actions.

Yes, I rage easily.

Posted

Oh no, not almost, they genuinely are happy over the deaths of others, they feel they deserve it for accepting homosexuality.

And sadly, no, as long as they are on public ground, their protests break no laws.

Posted

When are we going to get bored of these guys.

I know I am.

Posted

I only keep up with them in the hopes that I'll find out they've been involved in a terrible accident.

Posted

Alright. Rage meeting adjourned lol. Wait... I can't be the one to say that...

Posted

seconded.

Posted

I only keep up with them in the hopes that I'll find out they've been involved in a terrible accident.

It would be ironic.

What do we do now?

We should all simultaneously watch something Studio Ghibli.

Posted

I just don't understand the Westboro baptist church.

Posted

I don't think anyone really understands the WBC Pheo lol. They're just a bunch of nutters gosh. I think I would just stare if I ever saw them protesting stuffs. Good thing they're banned from entering the UK though <3

Posted

When are we going to get bored of these guys.

I know I am.

yeah, theyre.....kainda pathetic now. i might be less sensitive due to the number of protests/religious recruiters on my campus, but still.

bored is the right attitude, as they do this shit just for the attention. theyre only irritating people, but theyre still getting attention.

and when that happens, im sure we will all want to know. i know i do. id love to see them smited. ironically.

or have their hometown hit by a natural disaster--an "act of god" if you will.