Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure it'll deviate or at least pick up in the next 6 episodes to be something incredible that I will love as well

ZIPS LIPS

Posted

(implying shaq is the only one who loves the anime)

Posted

The kids were so cute, until they turned into furry abominations... abominations like me............................

Also yeah, lol, uh. NHK. I don't really want to spoil anything, but the series sometimes can't decide whether to be a drama, or a comedy, or romance, or some kind of philosophical thing or whatever.

Pretty much, when the series ends, a major thing does happen, sort of, but then they kind of, uh. Literally end up where they were before without having made any progress. It's not a satisfying ending, I assure you.

I don't quite understand its popularity much. Supposedly people that relate to the series find it really hard-hitting, but I can't really relate to any of the characters, so it's just not hitting at all to me. So it felt kind of bland.

And Tatami Galaxy wraps up in one of the most tactful and self-aware ways I've ever seen. It's really good lol. All the arcs building up to the end do make it more worth more to some degree. I should just post my essay on Tatami Galaxy sometime lol.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I enjoyed NHK. Maybe it's because of how I was at Uni or because of my old roommate, but I can really sympathise with the main characters. I like the zigzagging between comedy and tragedy, though makes it hard to explain the appeal to someone,

Yes, the ending didn't seem to resolve much, but it closed on a quietly hopeful note, and I'm okay with that. For me, the beginning of, say, a romance between Satou and Misaki wouldn't be right, since despite their progress I don't think either is ready for that. The relationship would probably disastrously, and they'd probably both regress to some extent. Old habits die hard. Maybe later down the road they'll be strong enough to make it work. I know the manga ended differently.

Posted

i gotchu', arachne

Also, just watched Natsuiro Kisseki. I heard it had a pretty high pedigree, but I thought it looked like a kind of nostalgia-inspiring summer animu. (Its name does mean "Summer-colored Miracle")

But like.

My head is full of wat right now.

Uh. Minor spoilers ahead. I don't know if it's really that mindblowing, or if I'm just sleepy and was like what is going onnnnn but if it's not my sleepiness, I think I'd like for whoever reads this to just check out the first episode and see if you come to the same conclusion.

Bunch of drama -> More drama -> Crazy friends being crazy -> GAIN SUPERPOWERS FOR NO REASON -> CUE MONTAGE -> land, awkward silence -> WHO CARES, I'M GOING HOME

The direction really seems shaky and a bit cliche? I was disappointed in that regard. The animation and the voice acting sometimes don't sync up right as well, and sometimes the drama is just a bit unbearable. idk. Hopefully it gets better.

Sahaqiel

Posted

did we talk about space bros in here i forget if we did

Posted

I can relate to an extent with the main character in the whole like, thinking everybody is laughing at you a lot of the time, hence writing "in related news" when I told you all about watching NHK.

If you're laughing at me for not being a fast reader then seriously squid you >:

Okay

Okay

I'm watching you

In related news, watched episode one of Welcome to the NHK as well.

Think the next show I'll download will be Steins;Gate. Along with FM, someone I got to watch Tatami Galaxy apparently has it as one of their favourite series. At least I think it was that person.

I haven't really got their opinion of The Tatami Galaxy yet, but I know they at least liked it.

I thought everything about the ending was great. I keep finding more to like.

Just, the fact that Ozu is kind of a dick throughout the whole thing and is sort of an antagonist of sorts, but at the end you're made to see that he's really an alright guy, and with everything suddenly being excused he was just a much fuller character instantly. He was my favourite character before, but even moreso once it was all over.

For some reason "the gang's all here" when everybody walks into his hospital room is the coolest thing, for the fact that you know you've made it in life when your friends can casually refer to your group as "the gang".

Great messages about not wanting something unrealistic and appreciating what you have, while appreciating the whole person and not disliking them based on poor impressions.

I've been venting my feels by listening to the soundtrack incessantly the past day or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ2O4CVHjKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiYGvyY8cT0

Posted

Think the next show I'll download will be Steins;Gate.

Yesyeyesyesyeyesyesyesyesse.com

Posted

So, I finished Tatami Galaxy and I will watch these 3 extra things whatever they may be as well as rewatching the opening and ending since they're in separate files??

As I began to type this, I thought it might be good to spoil it?

Overall, it was a great watch. Much like Baccano! or Durarara!!, all the events that were spread across the 11 episodes all came together nicely as you realize that you've been seeing only a little of Ozu's story each time.

All the characters, as I said before, were very likeable. Aijima being the exception, but his character wasn't as fleshed out as most. I just found it cool how all of them changed to fit to the life that MC chose or at least how MC saw their lives.

It's funny, though, how his final life in which he chooses absolutely no path and stays in the 4.5 tatami room is the one in which he finally stays with that life that he chose, the one where he actually did waste 2 years of his life doing nothing, while all the other paths he chose were filled with adventure and such that most people think of as a normal day(which it is, most of the time).

The MC is very relatable, I think. Wanting to go back and do something that you feel was wrong is something we all wish we could do, but if you were given the chance, that is what this anime hopes to make you see. It's a pretty cool concept to base an anime around and I think that's why I enjoyed it and why it won a few awards.

I don't think I'm really good at writing these sorts of things and feel like I usually forget what I loved about the stuff I watch or just don't know how to express it, but I just want to say I really enjoyed Tatami Galaxy.

I also found this part hilarious.

UDLxb.jpg

Posted

@saha & persona

idk if itd make a difference, but

Main games

• Revelations: Persona[5] (1996: PlayStation, 1999: Microsoft Windows, known as Megami Ibunroku Perusona (女神異聞録ペルソナ?) in Japan)
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin (1999: PlayStation)
  • Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (2000: PlayStation)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3[6] (2006: PlayStation 2)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4[7] (2008: PlayStation 2)
  • Persona 4 Arena (2012: Arcade, Playstation 3, Xbox 360)[8]
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5 (TBA JP)[9]

[edit] Re-releases

• Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (2007: PlayStation 2)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (2009: PlayStation Portable)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable (2010: PlayStation Portable)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (2011: PlayStation Portable)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (2012 JP: PlayStation Portable)
  • Persona 4: The Golden (2012 JP: PlayStation Vita)[8]

theres a bit of an age thing involved with whether or not people would have played the first few games, i think. its like a kid nowdays playing black or white, and you walk up and go "hey, why the puppy havent you played yellow?" theres a chance they just didnt know it was a thing at the time.

i think its most likely that most persona fans got into it at the PS2 phase, but were probably too young to really put together that 3 and 4 mean theres a 1 and 2, and then to hunt for them in used game stores, where they might not even be....dunno about you, but when i hear about persona, i hear about 3 or 4. note that theyre both on the PS2, while that older two are on PS1. then theres a bunch for the psp, which isnt really that widespread, from my experience. so the most accessible games would be 3/4.

also, @eka and the wolf series

i actually recently read/am reading something that looks really, really similar. cept, a little more of the traditional werewolf (its traditional, but with some plot bullshit where i am for the convenience of "they couldnt make up something else to get this dude out of the problem")

wolf-guy-ookami-no-monshou-765407.jpg

wolf-guy-ookami-no-monshou-732788.jpg

not really spoilers, cuz you can see some/most of the plot a mile away. and these are pretty early in, too.

Posted

If you're wondering, Polar Bear Cafe is great and you should all watch it. Polar Bear reminds me of Yu from Persona 4 somewhat. Checked to see if he actually had the same voice actor but nope.

Same voice actor as Yuusuke from High School Boys, and Yukiatsu from Ano Hana though.

He was also Cloud Strife.

Going from voicing Cloud Strife to a polar bear. Moving up in the world.

HE WAS ALSO THE JAPANESE DUB FOR EDWARD CULLEN OH GOD

best voice actor

of anything

>Bakemonogatari as Meme Oshino

yes good

>Mononoke as The Medicine Seller

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Penguin is Araragi from Bakemonogatari.

And most of the characters listed on the wiki page for Polar Bear Cafe are in Valkyria Chronicles games and anime.

Posted

wait are you telling me hiroshi kamiya voices a penguin

Posted

THE penguin

You are totally ignoring the fact that The Medicine Seller is both Japanese Edward Cullen and a polar bear.

Posted

Madoka Magica spoilers:

f2413c3e9587696ba08ccfcc1903d2681305258454_main.jpg