Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry, Celty comment.

Posted

Yeah, the Japon have a thing with that gesture and phrase.

Posted

Durarara!!

"Well, at first I thought that I'd slipped anf fell in the rain. Then I noticed that blood was gushing from my stomach and leg... So I realized, "Oh, I've been shot." Shizuo for best character.

Posted

Durarara!!

Finished. Probably the fastest I've watched an anime, though I got through Baccano! pretty quickly too. Liked how it was very "life goes on, the story never ends, the characters will always be this way and get new trouble" like Baccano!. Both very well ended series I think.

Posted

Wasn't the end for the series. From what I understand the book series continues well after that point. Apparently the dude that dude with the van worships is a character. The cop is also way more prevalent as a character, as opposed to the way they treated him in the show where they introduced him as this really tough dude and then he never did anything.

Posted

Durarara!!

Well, they were written by the same guy obvs. DRRR!! is a sort of spiritual successor. I hope it gets a second season. It really deserves one lol.

The STL area Hnet/internet group and I all marathon'd it and watched the ending, and were kind of disappointed though. They were talking about this great war that was supposed to happen, but the actual fight wasn't all that awe-inspiring. All in all, though, it was a really tightly written and executed series, and the presentation and characters were all really top-notch. Some series can't juggle like five characters, let alone the massive roster the writer gives his series, and you get the sense that they were all really interesting and deep characters, even if you don't see them a lot.

Except, you know, Kinnosuke the bike cop. I'm surprised I even remembered his name.

also lol celty is such a temptress

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah bike cop was lame, why was he even in the OP.

And yeah, I got that Bacanno! was by the same guy and studio. Same looks, same storytelling style, same crazy mess of characters that the director manages to pull off, same feel at the end (though it isn't forced down your throat so much in Durarara!!)

Posted

teto there is an episode 25, which was part of a dvd bundle like 12.5 was if you didn't watch that

Posted

I did.

Posted

Episode 1 of AO was pretty coolio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QpRNlc00MF4

Its ED sequence and song is really nice (although I'm literally dying here to see the OP song animated. I know the song, and its AWESOME, but Ep 1 didn't have the OP).

But I will admit,

lol at winged Ao. Not really sure why they decided on that.

I also started Tsuritama which is REALLY CUTE, aaaand Sakamichi no Apollon (episode 1 practically breezed through 4 chapters of the manga, which means the anime will be short. //cries).

Posted

Polar Bear's Café is still the most flawless anime of recent times.

Polar Bear getting excited about seeing the polar bear will never not be great.

Downloading Tsuritama episode 2 atm.

Posted

Watching Death Note, I don't even care if you guys think it's lame. It's awesome :<

Up to episode 16 ohhh maaaaaan