Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I LOVE THOSE SPACE BROS FANARTS SO MUCH - I've seen them on Tumblr a few times and I'm still in awe over all of the detail~ ;3;

I also really like this one:

34746474.jpg

Same artist~

Posted

the Jojo pics are so fabulous ;.;

Kill la Kill episode 5

THE ORGANIZATION TEACHER BELONGS TO IS CALLED NUDIST BEACH OH MY GOD THIS IS HILARIOUS

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

kill la kill episode 5:

THIS ENTIRE FUCKING SHOW IS SO FUCKING RIDICULOUS. Also that new guy is totes Ryuko's brother I'm calling it

Posted

Yeah, agreed Teto. Mutta and Nanba's next to each other is the most hype thing I've seen from fanart in general. The faces in the reflection are the best part. It's clever, professional, and extremely faithful to the series. I would buy prints. ;-;

Gonna' pick up Kill La Kill 5 some time today, maybe.

Eka likes this

Posted

Has there ever been a super sentai where the leader of the team is a girl? And doesn't wear pink or yellow?

For a while the leader of Shinkenger was a girl. She was the red.

Posted

67X5mmd.gif

He got da booty.

pheonix561, T1g and Eka like this

Posted

tumblr_mvk22uh4CJ1ssp073o1_500.gif

tumblr_mvk22uh4CJ1ssp073o2_500.gif

tumblr_mvk22uh4CJ1ssp073o3_500.gif

I thought she was classy.

Fun fact: I almost went to music school, and I think this is one of the things I would have tried majoring in/doing for a living if I didn't find my love for illustration.

Posted

https://www.daisuki.net/topics/view/10157

Hey everybody

Free, Legal, high quality, simulcast, streams from the companies themselves without ads. They just added episode 5 of Kill La Kill a few days ago

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

Really? I might have to start watching from there instead.

Posted

Well, I finally finished Haruhi, the series anyway. It turned out to be rather enjoyable and quite a bit different than what I was expecting from KyoAni and just in general from what I've seen and heard about it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that wants a fun and less serious anime that still has some amount of sanity to it. Animation quality is fantastic so don't let that one picture of bad foreshortening throw you off. For all you kittens out there that always wonder why characters wear the same shirt episode after episode, this is the anime for you! The characters in this anime actually change their clothes every episode! Actually, it's more like every 10-15 minutes! Don't worry, it's not like they're doing it on purpose, the scenes just skip to the next day a few times.

But, yeah, overall a great experience and I can see the appeal it had. Apparently, the movie is quite something, so definitely looking forward to that tomorrow before I watch Toonami.

Also:

dUXDywp.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Have you watched the movie, Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya? It's considered the best part of the Haruhi Suzumiya anime. The animation is phenomenal, with the exception of one or two scenes where they overused CGI for no discernible reason.

Edit: I can't read the posts I respond to.

Posted

Pheo just make an anime list so we can stop assuming the worst of you

Posted

NO

Posted

Kyosogiga406-460x327.jpg

Yase’s missing teacup subplot is definitely the strongest that’s been displayed so far, contextualizing her materialistic, possessive, easily-angered nature in a manner that’s highly sympathetic. It does a fine job of finding the positives in what would be considered to be Yase’s more negative traits. If there’s a list of characters in anime most deserving of a hug, she would easily rank toward the top.

Teto and pheonix561 like this