Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I never finished Gatchaman Crowds since I found the story extremely lacking. I feel lit couldve been much improved if it had more than 12 eps. But wutever. Good soundtrack and character designs, for sure.

Posted

Space Bros. 81 gave me all the good friendship feels 

tumblr_mw0htimPOp1src1c6o1_500.gif

tumblr_mw0isr1yGS1sjtfoao1_500.gif

tumblr_mw0isr1yGS1sjtfoao2_500.gif

tumblr_mw0im0Ud8G1src1c6o1_500.gif

I'm so glad Mutta and Kenji get to work together this time in NEEMO training! Though since Butler's sort of choosing between them, it's gonna be rough going through choices for astronauts getting to the moon. ;A;

Posted

Kill la Kill episode 6 was really good and satisfying, like episodes 1-3. The different feel of episodes 4 and 5 definitely makes a lot of sense once you understand that completely different directors were behind them. I liked them and all, but I'm really super duper glad that the main team is back now. I'm also convinced that we're going to look back on Kill la Kill and TTGL as brother/sister animes, in the same vein that we do with Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.

Posted

Alrighty, so I just finished Gatchaman Crowds and it really is pleasantly surprisingly fantastic. The amount of feel-good in this anime was so overwhelming, I was getting happily teary-eyed every single episode. Although, I will agree with Phanta in that the story was a little skimped on, I feel like Hajime's impact on everyone made the anime really enjoyable. The soundtrack, characters, "Gatchaman" designs, and just all the happy moments really made this anime for me. Maybe the story being so simple adds to the anime though, I dunno. Obviously, some people want a deep story, but would this have benefited from that? Maybe. The only thing I would've liked more explanation on was the final episode, so hopefully that's settled in season two.

I just realized what the Gatchaman theme reminded me of, which would be the beginning of RINCHUMAN AND JANIBOYA's theme. While they might've slightly overused the theme, it still made me get pumped up because it always means something good is about to happen.

I'm so hyped for season 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lbOi9XJcOg

Here's to convert someone if they haven't been already.

T1g likes this

Posted

GATCHA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Posted

Been watching more Steins;Gate since that's been on hold for awhile. Watched eps 6 - 10 today, and I'm really digging it.

Also watched ep 2 of Berserk because pheo

Agent Zako and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

Eka

Keep

Watching

Steins;Gate

Posted

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIVEBLOGGING JOJO I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU YOUNG LADY

Eka likes this

Posted

just keep doing what you've been doing

what we've all been doing

ignore t1g

Fierce Muffin and T1g like this

Posted

I've watched 4 episodes of Steins;Gate so far. I'm really  digging it so far, and I'm not even at the point where I've heard things start to "get real." 

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I've watched 4 episodes of Steins;Gate so far. I'm really  digging it so far, and I'm not even at the point where I've heard things start to "get real." 

So real.

Posted

Eka hasn't started Battle Tendency or seen the fight with Dio and you all think that is 100% ok?

Agent Zako, Sahaqiel and Eka like this

Posted (edited)

HEY T1G

In Terraria there's an item called the Vampire Knives, which shoots out a puppyton of life-stealing knives as an attack and the wiki says it could be a reference to Dio Brando

i thought that was cool

EDIT: here's the link: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Vampire_Knives

Edited by Silver Moon (see edit history)

Posted

Jojo plays at my Animu club and I'm going to my animu club this week so I may or may not liveblog the next episode. Also I've been doing like 8 papers over 4 weeks so I don'T EXACTLY HAVE A TON O' TIME

But yes I will continue with Steins and Jojos.

Posted

Yes that is a blatent jojo reference.

tumblr_mfpbsxhzc41ra3f3yo1_r1_500.gif