Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate to admit it but Psycho Pass 2 just isn't good. I wish Gen was writing it

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

PP 2 is alright - I still find it interesting (though I wish the main villain would be far more interesting than an almost-copy of Makishima).

For the flashback/memory-thing with Kogami I needed a moment though ;3; I miss that lug.

Posted

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

Durarara!!×2

DRRRRR.jpg

IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING. IT TOOK LITERALLY MY ENTIRE COLLEGE CAREER BUT IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING

Posted

I wonder how disappointing it will be.

Posted

that girl should zip up her jacket before she catches a cold or her boobies fall out

Posted

that girl should zip up her jacket before she catches a cold or her boobies fall out

no

Posted

I think Durarara!! S2 is a different studio too? (Studio Shuka?) Unless BRAINS BASE changed its name or got split into factions. 

Seems sequels are different studios nowadays (except for maybe like BONES who does everything, pfft).

Posted

you mean BONES who RUINS everything

Posted

"On March 15, 2014, a new TV anime series was announced. The main staff from the first series will return; however, it will be produced at Studio Shuka instead of Brain's Base. It is set to air in three different cours, each lasting 13 episodes. The first cour is scheduled to begin broadcasting in January, 2015 with title Durarara!!x2“承” (Shou), the second cour in July, 2015 with title Durarara!!x2“転” (Ten) and the third cour in January, 2016 with title Durarara!!x2“結” (Ketsu)."

src: http://otakumode.com/news/53e49265e244de2d790037a7/Durarara!!-x2-to-Broadcast-in-January-2015-A-New-Story-is-Set-to-Begin-in-Ikebukuro

So still to be directed by Takahiro Omori (who also did Baccano!, Princess Jellyfish, and Samurai Flamenco).

Sahaqiel and Eka like this

Posted

I still admire BONES for how much they make, even if it ends up pretty terrible lately (wheezesCaptainEarth). 'Cause I mean there's a pretty fair amount of titles I like from them - so theres always that hope I have that they'll make something equally fun or something. Noragami was probably their most recent that I thought was great. They're also gonna be animating the Blood Blockade Battlefront manga (Yasuhiro Nightow) which I'm excited for 'cause the manga's nice and fun. 

Though I will acknowledge they do pretty poorly with sequels. Great that they come back to do them, not so great with different writers and such. (Though I did like AO on many levels - other things aside).

If we wanna talk about new and rising studios though, MAPPA's pretty well won my heart with 3 shows so far.

Posted

I would argue their FMA was as good as the manga and brotherhood

Posted

Bones did both the original anime and Brotherhood. And Brotherhood is basically the manga in animated form, according to everything. Everyone seems to dislike the original and I probably would if I rewatched it, but with my nostalgia goggles on, the tone of it seemed a lot better than the one we got with Brotherhood. Brotherhood was too happy, you know? In the original, it always seemed dark and dreary, like nothing good would ever happen to any of the characters. The ending was banana though. Completely banana. Classic Bones.

That's an adaption though, but I feel like Bones does really well with adaptions, since it gets rid of the need for a writer. And that's where they shine. Bones' animation is amazing. It's not the best, but they're better than practically every other studio out there that does TV anime. I feel like they have decent ideas of the original anime I've watched by them, but they just can't pull it together. Thus, making an adaption works great for them.

Like, people have just come to expect original Bones anime to have a terrible or silly ending. Soul Eater, Eureka Seven, Full Metal Alchemist (Original), Captain Earth. Although, Captain Earth was just bad in general.

Space Dandy was actually pretty good though, but I feel like there were just so many people on the staff and the fact that it was episodic made it so it couldn't really be puppyed up? The ending was also hilarious and amazing.

But, yeah, Bones should just generally work on adaptions, I feel. Hitsugi no Chaika is a good example of them doing a great job with an adaption... at least from a person that hasn't read the source material. Although, he series hasn't ended... and Bones is probably going to make an anime original ending... so..................... Maybe they're actually going to wait a year or two for a movie or short OVA series that finishes up the story. Who knows.

Posted

i have an anime to discuss

has anybody seen that SAO 2?

Posted

I dunno. I thought Sword Art Online was an MMO for a long time :s

Posted (edited)

Ne, it's an anime. Other than the HORRID storyline in the first two segments, and the poor management of fanservice, it's a decent anime. The only real reason to watch is for the animation and the fact its an anime about MMOs and the creators KNOW WHAT MMOS ARE.

Kinda like how in Reboot the creators knew video game stuff.

Edited by Snow White Queen (see edit history)