Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Teto. Those were ALL good anime. why do you do this to me

Posted

I just don't keep up with things, man >:

It's not that I dropped them; whenever I decide I want to watch anime, those will be the shows I watch. JoJo and Space Dandy take priority over all the others though, being my favourites.

In order of priority I guess it would be:

JoJo > Space Dandy = Psycho-Pass 2 > Monogatari > Space Brothers > Kyousogiga > Evangelion > Mushishi

Not that I'm saying Mushishi isn't good; it just isn't very engaging, so I'm not in a desperate hurry to return to it. Every episode ends with a natural rest, and so it's easy to pick up and put down, so long as you remember the basic premise. The thing with it being easy to put down is that it's easy to forget to pick it back up again.

Posted

Yeah with mushishi that is pretty fair

Posted

Mm I'm considering Parasyte but it looked pretty gross iunno. Maybe I'll wait till its finished and see.

Akatsuki no Yona is really good so far imo.

Also my friends and I made it through the 1st two Berserk movies - so the fact that we just made light of the last like 15 mins of Berserk movie 2 gives me some hope. I still probs wont watch Movie 3 with them but I'm happy I at least got them super interested in Berserk. ^_^

Posted

It is kinda body horror, but you actually get used to it, because they get so distorted from the body horror that it actually becomes somewhat comical. Give it a shot, you will probably like it

Posted

Akatsuki no Yona is really good so far imo.

It's been pretty average to me so far. Better than Cross Ange in the "female princess who is shown how harsh the world can be" genre though. The ending of the second episode was so banana. It was basically like "And then a bunch of things happened and now I have five new mega hot guys that protect and serve me. I also cut my hair and I'm hardcore as well." The preview suggests that they'll be explaining all of that, but until that, I was like ??????

It does seem a bit interesting though. I just want it to pick up, since it's 2-cour and I have the inability to drop things. Girl is adorable and pretty as bananas though.

Also, yeah, definitely pick up Parasyte. I hate gory stuff and everything involving the body horror that goes on, but I stuck through the manga and I'm sticking through the anime because it's really good.

Posted

Yeah ep2's ending was kinda lame, but I assume they're going to explain how she met everyone. Studio Pierrot isn't so crazy as to just introduce a bunch of characters in a few minutes and leave it at that.

Hmgh I'm just watching so much right now, its difficult to up and start Parasyte ;3; I'll give ep1 a go when I've got some time.

Posted

g-gundam1_05.jpg

ANSWER ME DOMON!

SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST!

Posted

domon.jpg

THE WINDS OF THE KING!

Posted (edited)

Pqypw1h.jpg?2

ZENSHIN!

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

saw Lupin III Castle of Caliostro in club today. It was a pretty good movie. Saw it dubbed. Specifically, the Manga Entertainment dub, not whatever the other one was. It was a good dub

Castle_of_Cagliostro_poster.png

Posted

CAN WE ALL JUST AGREE THAT BUSTER MACHINE NO. 19: DIX NEUF, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS BANCHOU BOT IS THE COOLEST THING EVER

Y-030_1.jpg

Posted

Only just now watching Diebuster... wow... you better have watched Gunbuster beforehand.

But, yeah, he's great. I like him better than the robutt in Gunbuster just because, even if it's only a little, he has some sort of personality to him. He also has a cape for whatever reason. He just cool.

Posted

yeah i thought i mentioned finishing gunbuster but i might have forgot

I also don't think its a cape, I think it is a jacket or coat or something (you can see holes were the arms are supposed to go

Posted

It's still weird for a giant mech to wear. Although, was it used as a shield? I feel like he used it as a shield during one or two parts. So, I guess it's not as strange as it could be, like Texas Mack's robot in Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo.

But Texas Mack is great, so I forgive him. He also has a giant horse that might or might not be a mech. I want it to be a real horse though... a real, American horse that grew gigantic and strong by eating steak and drinking milk for big, strong bones.

pheonix561 and Agent Zako like this