Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

supposedly

I saw the article too, it was supposedly tweeted by a Marvel guy straight-up in plain text.

Posted

Its a good idea. Whatever your feelings of Attack on Titan, its very popular, and if enough marvel fans check it out, and enough SNK fans check out some marvel stuff, it'll be pretty fantastic cross promotion

Posted

Not the first time Marvel did stuff with Japan. Heroman is actually a Marvel Superhero, created by Stan Lee himself

hero-man-images-9.jpg

Eka likes this

Posted

data-top-battlefeverj.jpg

There's an even earlier example. This is the Sentai series Battle fever J, which was originally meant to be a sort of adaption of the avengers concept but as a Sentai team. It didn't end up exactly like it was supposed to but it is considered to be in the Marvel multiverse. It even has a numbered designation

Posted

Its too bad Heroman's anime never got approved for a US release. It was a fun one. :c At least the manga made it over.

Shigeto Koyama (mech designer for Eureka seveN, Heroman, Gunbuster 2 etc.) also stated recently that he'll be credited for help with Baymax's design in Disney's upcoming Big Hero 6 movie, which I thought was pretty rad.

tumblr_ne5q3gVXI81qbnl0co1_500.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I am now watching Rage of Bahamut. It's pretty good. I sure hope they don't puppy this up somehow. Lord knows studios find ways to ruin a good thing.

Posted

data-top-battlefeverj.jpg

There's an even earlier example. This is the Sentai series Battle fever J, which was originally meant to be a sort of adaption of the avengers concept but as a Sentai team. It didn't end up exactly like it was supposed to but it is considered to be in the Marvel multiverse. It even has a numbered designation

And before that, there was Japanese Spiderman.

Now if they can just work the giant robot into the AoT crossover somehow...

Posted

Every character in Rage of Bahamut is great btw.

Posted

This week on Psycho Pass: why crappy Mobile games are killing the market

Eka likes this

Posted

Rage of Bahamut has a great opening btw. The show is just far better than it has any right to be.

Posted

Rage of Bahamut has a great opening btw. The show is just far better than it has any right to be.

Tbh I really didn't know too much about Bahamut but since watching that OP, I'm pretty dead set on watching ep1 now thank you

T1g likes this

Posted

Ok episode 6 of Psycho Pass 2 makes the ending of episode 5 make a lot more sense lol

Posted

Saha is now also watching rage of bahamut and understands it's glory

Posted

I haven't been keeping up with anime at all lately, but my friend showed me an episode and a half of Bahamut yesterday, and it was pretty rad. "Look at my eyes! Are these the eyes of a liar?!"

bjao9G9.png

(basically how I envisioned t1g before pics)

And yeah, I'm just going to stream it. I'm past caring about quality.