Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stereotypes

20 posts in this topic

Posted

heres the question: have you ever felt like you were having a stereotypical moment? like a girl freaking out over shoes? saying gothy-things when youre wearing black?

i only thought of this cuz i was going through my music files, listening to my over-the-ear headphones (theyre huuuuuuge) and the band i was listening to suddenly started playing something along the lines of metal >.> the kind of music thats always audible over those big headphones cuz the person wearing em has the volume jacked up stupidly--yeah, that kind of music, and that kind of headphones, and yes, i *do* listen to my music as loud as i can handle it.

Posted

What stereotype are you falling into here, exactly

Posted

God, it's so typical of your kind of person to make a thread like this, Chimetals.

Posted

I feel like a stereotypical gay person in that I act really girly, and enjoy fashion, cute things, musicals, dancing w/e you name it I'm a huge stereotype lol.

I feel like a stereotypical transwoman in that I'm technically heterosexual :/

Not that it's bad or anything to act stereotypical, just that stereotypes shouldn't be applied to everyone in that group, because, gasp we're all different. Ugh people are dumb at times.

Posted

I act like a stereotypical nerd all the time.

But then I remember I don't care and keep going about my business.

Posted

Which would mean lashing out at your loved ones, amirite

Posted

How about dont own an iphone you blubbering shit\\

puppy phones in general

Posted

^Psh, you just wish you could have all of us in your pocket... like I have all of you in my purse.

Posted

Yuri I could crush your fist in mine

Posted

What stereotype are you falling into here, exactly

maybe its only the people that i run into....i feel like whenever you overhear someones music from their headphones, its rap or metal....or thats just me, idk. ive never noticed anyone blasting J-pop or techno rave....

Posted

I don't think I really fit into any stereotypes anymore... I used to wear all black and write depressing poetry and cut, if that means anything...

Posted

Stereotypes usually derive from general observation, so there's often a grain of truth to them somewhere. When the observation is widespread enough to become an expectation and a prejudice, then it's a problem. I think they can be enforced as well, from within and without a given subculture.

That said, I sometimes get giddy when it comes to clothes. I'm not fighting it. Just like I won't fight the urge to take spiders outside instead of killing them.

Posted

I realize all the time I'm a stereotypical nerd. I like grammar, I play video games, I wear glasses, I could not care less about the majority of sports, I listen to classical music (also Jonathan Coulton and They Might Be Giants, I mean, how nerdy can you be), I have friends on the internet, (is it nerdy to drink tea?), and I've recently been watching Top Chef.

Posted

I am closest to hipster stereotype I mean.

I pretty much just need elitism, an iPhone and shittier clothes and I'm there.

Posted

^lol

@pheo: What does that have to do with anything?! You're STILL in my purse.

All of you.

If any of you do the raptor, then you're what i consider to be a stereotypical SCAD art student.