Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

COLLEGE NERDS

48 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess in regards to being methodical it's just practice and thinking.

And yeah, the ethical debate is annoying. It'll be fixed when I optimize the world.

Posted

BAGH. ETHICS ARE IMPORTANT.

/philosophy student

Posted

How would you like to be a freak of nature slobbered over by fat otaku just because your parents though it would be cool if their daughter had cat ears?

Posted

... And then the image pops in my head. Old ladies and leopard-print leotards. I think Imma go bash my head in now.

@Bond: Not unless I get to the worls first. (lol, I'll stop now)

Posted

Biomedical science? Teto is a doctor? What kind of course/major is this?

I have no idea what majors are still.

And idk it's just a course with a lot of stuff in it that lasts four years.

Here's like the description okay.

You will study the human body at several levels, in the context of both normal functioning and disease. Diagnostic and treatment aspects are emphasised, particularly in the more advanced stages of the course. All relevant aspects of human biology are covered, with the main subjects being cell function & pathology, medical genetics, human physiology, medical microbiology, clinical biochemistry, haematology & serology, biology of disease, toxicology and pharmacology.

Posted

How would you like to be a freak of nature slobbered over by fat otaku just because your parents though it would be cool if their daughter had cat ears?

Yeah, if anything it should at least be a choice you make.

Posted

I feel like this human/animal gene splicing could be a very bad idea. :<

Posted

The Most Dangerous Game

Posted

Gene splicing sounds kinda cool. The right fishy features might help with that Eridan cosplay if it comes out right :lol:

Anyway, I actually read a really good book that dealt with gene splicing, and now I kinda think it would be weird and potentially disastrous if even one thing goes wrong, like creating something we can't control the population of or somebody making a super-virus.

Posted

Anyways, genetics is ridiculously complicated. You'll have to kill a lot of babies before you can give a human cat ears.

Posted

Have my bachelors in psychology, finishing up my last class for a minor in constitutional law. I'm also working on my doctoral experiment and papers for a doctorate in behavioral analysis. Only three and a half more years or so, lol.

Posted

Ooh, behavioral analysis? What's your experiment?

Posted

I'm doing a modified version of Milgram's experiments on blind obedience to authority, expanding the research base, I will be starting actual experimentation as soon as I resolve some ethical dilemmas that the IRB is worried about, then I will go forward for my grant and start experimenting.

Posted

That's cool. How are you going to test? Leave a piece of paper in a room that gives orders to people, without telling them to listen to the paper?

Posted

I'm going to be studying electrical and computer engineering. I don't know whether I'll go the electrical or computer route (I choose a specialization within the major), but I'll pick eventually.

I've considered minoring, too, but I probably won't.