Front page revamp

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Lets face it: the front page of Hyrule.net is TERRIBLE.

Almost every link leads to a white, broken page. Most of them are useless.

How can we help fix this? Some small things include:

- Rewriting pages

- Suggest ideas

- Make a list of things no longer needed

- Make a list of the broken pages

Also, the "staff page" for normal member (Who have enough posts) is almost COMPLETELY broken. Needs fixing loads.

I'm guessing we also need to update the affiliates list. I'm not too smart on that, but it's been the same way for awhile.

Myself, I have started rewriting the Ocarina of Time Tips and Glitches page. More than halfway done.

So, Tappy, Saha. We also need your help. You too, Dustin.

We need to get Hyrule back into shape if we want more traffic and members. No more pages and links that lead to nothing and/or are useless.

We can do this! If we work together, it can't be too hard!

But, I need to stress this onto the site mods and admins. We can't do anything without you.

I know I tried to do this before, but nothing came out of it. Now, that the forums parts are being revamped, then I think it's a good time to get the whole site done!

Posted

...which links? I mean, for someone like me who hasn't been here that long and/or who doesn't explore much of the site, it would be pretty hard to understand the problem at hand....

(It might just be me but whatever)

Posted

I keep bringing up the topic about the useless, unappealing, broken, or outdated parts of the site.

but hey

I'm not actually an admin. I just look like it, ya.

Literally. I don't have admin permissions.

Sahaqiel

Posted

When/if 2.0 is remade, it can be more Zelday. 2.0 is good and Zelday <:

Posted

Oh, 2.0 is already here and I didn't notice lol. Want the old triforces back though that'd be cool like <:

Posted

Holy shit this is cool. (playing with all the new gizmos)

Posted

2.0 for the forums isn't done, but it is for the most part usable.

Realize guys I didn't just return randomly, I came back to get this place back on track.

Stage 1 is the forums - Which is just about done.

Stage 2 - Will be cleaning the site up, removing some of dustin's old code (sorry dustin) a lot of it is unused and unfortunately I don't see him returning to finish it all up. News will no longer be pulled from the forums but instead created from wordpress (this is better).

Stage 3 - Is kinda secret, but it is my.hyrule.net/zeldafan.net related, this has been put on hold for the time being.

I'd like to get some people to enroll for News Reporters if possible, but this may not be until later.

Posted

Tappy. You are just awesome.

And yeah. If we make this into a site-wide effort, this could actually be great.

Posted

sounds epic to me <3

Posted

Nice to see this is going to be a nice looking site again. Too bad when it comes to helping I'm useless, but still cool.

Posted

And then after that, maybe we can get some new themes.

Wink wink.

Posted

Tappy, I'd be glad to be News Reporter. I am constantly on the hunt for new Skyward Sword details and stuff on many sites.

Plus, It's give me some actual recognition :P Plus, I know how to write and rewrite into my own words. No more copying and pasting form other sites!

:)

Posted

When it comes down to site maintenance, there's not much all of us can do accept point out what needs to be done and give our opinion, and moral support. So, I think one thing we should all do is take a look at the rest of the site, and what could be edited. For example, I remember once finding a chatroom link that was not the irc one. It led to a chatroom that you could draw in, and it was a really dated room. I feel like that link could be removed.

Posted

This site needs more admins, and they need the ability to actually DO stuff. Just saying. REALLY. It's ridiculous.

Posted

Because 6 admins isn't enough for some people x:

Then again, 4 of them never come online anymore and 1 of them doesn't even have actual admin powers so maybe you have a point.